Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eajoeb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 11:57 AM
    Fixing small cracks in concrete
    I'm getting ready to epoxy a concrete porch floor and the concrete has 4 cracks none more than 1/16" wide and the longest is approximately 10' slab is 4" + thick can I epoxy over these or do I need a filler and if so what do you recommend, I want to use a floor leveler as there are 3 bird baths in the slab, recommendation for tis also.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Tell us more about what you are planning. Just saying epoxy doesn't tell us much, are you using epoxy to set tiles or what? Any pictures or links to your product woul be of great help.
    TimberCreek Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 10:13 PM
    Well If you are talking about epoxy painting the slab,
    I would start by taking a small paint brush and epoxy the cracks and then see what they look like when they are dry.
    Most epoxy is pretty thick, and you should be able to "fill-in" the cracks with it.
    If it looks pretty good when it drys, just apply another coat and see how it looks.
    If this works out for you, you should be good to go and epoxy the whole slab.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concrete floor base cracks [ 12 Answers ]

I am considering purchasing a house and in one room there is a cement crack about 3 feet long. The house is 4 years old and has a cement base under the carpeting and tile. I contacted a cement pourer who said this was a fairly ordinary occurrence and should not pose a problem. Is this a...

Fixing Garage Floor with cracks [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to fill cracks in my Garage Floor but they Are about 2-3" wide and about that deep. What Can I Use to fill and then to seal and paint the garage floor?

Fixing cracks in shower tile grout [ 1 Answers ]

I have some small cracks in a few (no more than 3-4) spots in the tile of my shower. It's an area where water will hit when showering quite frequently. Is it possible to patch these cracks or do I have to rip out all the grout and re-grout? We're going to redo the whole bathroom within the year...

Cracks in concrete foundation [ 2 Answers ]

I recently inherited my grandparents home. It is probably 65 years old with a concrete foundation and crawl space underneath. It was built on to about 45 years ago. The older part of the house has several cracks in the outside concrete foundation. I don't know if they are recent or have been...

Concrete cracks [ 1 Answers ]

I have cracks in a side path I poured at my home. Is it possible for shrinkage cracks to look like settlement cracks? I compacted all the subgrade first, and took every precaution to ensure I did not get settlement cracks, i.e.. Adequate depth to reinforcing and not a slumpy concrete, but I still...

View more questions Search