Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

Sep 8, 2008, 10:41 AM
    Do I have an infection?
    I got cut pretty bad from sandpaper on my arm... I guess you'd say more like abraded, but it went fairly deep. Not deep enough to need stitches but deep enough to cause considerable bleeding and subsequent scabbing over. This was about a week ago, and now I'm having a strange pain in my arm, it's like a very deep pain, like way down in my muscle, radiating and almost electrical feeling. Is this related? Might I have some kind of infection, and if so, what kind of infection and is it too late to do anything about it? The sandpaper was new when it cut me, so it wasn't dirty... just regular old sandpaper.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 10:44 AM
    It may not have been dirty, but it certainly was not sterile. Time to check in with your doctor.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Sounds like you may have some nerve damage
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

Sep 8, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Seriously? I don't know if this is more mental than actually physical, so that's why I wanted to know if this pain is a real signal or could it be something else entirely, even just a mental thing because I've been worried about it, you know what I mean?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 10:48 AM
    Get it checked out to be sure. Sandpaper is not sterile and carries germs, it could be infected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IBC or Infection? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 53 year old female - my doctor said I have a breast infection - don't know why! After 4 days the antibiotics have helped reduce the swelling and pain. Regardless of how the antibiotics affect me should I still get a biopsy? Can IBC actually cause an infection? Thank you so much...

Ear Infection? [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is a Setter/Beagle mix. I noticed when I rubed his left ear he whined. I looked in his ear and there was a lot of red stuff on most of the inside of his ear and the smell was horible. I looked really bad and now no one can even touch his left ear with out whining in pain. What is wrong with...

Cat eye infection [ 2 Answers ]

I have a wild cat that had a litter of 4 and now 3 weeks later 3 of them have eye infections in one eye what can I do

Infection or not [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone explain to me what this tingling sensation is when I go to the toilet for a wee?I even have it an hour or so after going to the toilet? Is this a common water infection or something else and can it be due to anything as me and my partner are trying for a baby?

Bad infection on my right lob [ 1 Answers ]

2 days ago I went to the mall to get my other ear pierced because I had already gauged and pierced my cartilage by myself and figured I'd have them do it. (I don't even know why). But anyway, now I'm stuck with a bad infection in my ear. When I went into spencers in the mall to buy a piercing gun...

View more questions Search