Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    apiv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 06:26 PM
    Changed Status From B1 To L1
    Am I entitled to a Social Security Number? If so what should I do?
    Can I get a driver's license?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 5, 2008, 10:01 PM
    Did you get an approval on L-1?

If yes.. contact nearest SSA office first. You would need to submit your passport with visa stamped page and notice of approval from USCIS. The card should be mailed to you in 3-4 weeks. After you get SS#, contact nearest DMV and apply for driver's license.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing tax return (Changed status from F1-OPT to H1B) [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I was a F1 student from Jan 2001 to Dec 2005. I am an Indian citizen and single I did my OPT in Texas Tech Univ. from Dec 18 2005 to Dec 17 2006. I got my H1B on Dec 18 2006 from TTU. I have Fedral income tax, social security tax and medicare tax charged during 2006. Which of the forms...

Status changed from F1 to H1B, some questions [ 4 Answers ]

I had tax related questions and was hoping someone could help. I am from Pakistan, I came to the US on an F1 visa in July 2005 and my status changed from F1 to H1B on October 1st 2007. I have been working full time since Aug/1/2007. Am I a resident or non resident alien? Can I claim the standard...

Taxes for changed status from OPT to H1-B during tax year 2006 [ 1 Answers ]

Filing taxes for someone who changed status from OPT to H1-B during tax year 2006

What Status should I file tax since my status changed from F1 to H1 from Oct 23 2006! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have the following questions about filing for taxes for the yr 2006. 1. Since my visa status changed from F1 to H1 on oct 23rd 2006, what status should I file the taxes as & which form should I use? Till now I have used 1040nr ez! FYI : I am frm India, I have not left US from...

View more questions Search