Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    perplexed1 Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Sep 4, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Should I be blunt and say it or feel it out?
    All right, so there's a girl I had a crush on last year, and we went to lunch a couple times, but things got awkward when she simply didn't respond when I asked her to dinner. She later said she still wanted to be friends and yada yada. After that point I let her be and moved on. However just a couple of days ago I was wandering the halls with some friends (a little buzzed) before we went out, and I ran into her in the stairwell. It completely caught me off guard, but because it was awkward the year before I tried to pretend like I didn't know her. However, she recognized me and we talked for a couple minutes. She ended it with "you should stop by some time".

Now, we don't have any classes together but I've run into her a couple of times since then but it was just a simple "hey" and we've spoken over AIM but that's it. I haven't stopped by because I'm unsure whether she was just being nice and saying that or if she meant it. Basically I still like her, but I don't want to do anything because I don't want to seem obsessive. I'm not sure if she was just being friendly, but I'm contemplating just being blunt with how I feel so that I can avoid the awkwardness. I was thinking of saying something along the lines of "Hey, I don't wanna be awkward like last year, but I like you and I really wanna get to know you better because you seem like an awesome person. But if you don't feel the same way, it's no big deal, I can still be your friend. I just wanted to get it out there so I could know where we stand."

My question to you all is whether I should tell her that (in some shape or form), or if I should just continue with what I've been doing, which is acting like just a casual friend. I kind of just want to find out so that I don't keep thinking about it, but I don't want to be weird about it.

Thanks
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Ask her. As long as your honest question is born of a desire to be clear and kind, it's all good. Even if the two of you end up just being friends, there won't be any more guesswork about where you stand at this point.

She may not give you an honest answer. But if you are honest and thoughtful when you ask, it was good practice at least.
    perplexed1 Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Sep 6, 2008, 04:57 PM
    Good point, thanks. I think I'll ask her to lunch again and see how that goes. If she says yes and it seems to go well, then I'll bring up the fact that I like her. If she says no then there's no need to say it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suiciding feel versus my living feel [ 4 Answers ]

hi all, I was good in studies at early stages and always conceal my sexual feels. Before one year I proposed to one girl my love. Surprisingly we two are loving one another. But we met once in 6 months. That's I met her recently after 5-6 months. But my problem is I am loving her without...

Blunt injury to shin, can it be broken? [ 3 Answers ]

Yesterday, while playing polo I received a whack to my shin from a horse head. It is very tender today and hurts most when I try and walk on it or when there's been pressure on it and the pressure is released. It's swollen, but not too bruised. Could it be fractured?

Does anyone ever worry that their advice may be wrong or too blunt? [ 32 Answers ]

Hi all :) I have to say that I love this site and the advice and help that it offers to others. I have personally been helped tremendously by many of you. I just had a thought though that some responses might actually be quite damaging to some people in crisis. I realise that it's probably...

View more questions Search