Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kabanza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 12:41 AM
    Communicating two computers
    Hi, It's a pleasure to have joined you and become part of you.
    My question is How do you make two computers communicate and then how do you back up information from Laptop to Personal computer. Thank you
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Sep 4, 2008, 01:22 AM
    Specific procedures may vary depending on which operating systems the computers are using and how the computers are equipped.

Many computers manufactured in the last several years are equipped with Ethernet ports. An Ethernet port resembles a telephone jack, but is a little larger. As long as you are only connecting two computers together you can connect them together with an Ethernet crossover cable. Note that this crossover cable resembles a normal Ethernet cable the wiring between its two ends is a little different. A crossover cable is only usable when connecting two computers together. You will have to make other arrangements to connect a third computer or a broadband modem.

If you are using a broadband Internet connection it might be utilizing the computer's Ethernet port as a connection to a DSL or cable modem. If such is the case you may want to consider a router. Many routers also include a Wireless Access Point (WAP) that makes it possible to access the Internet with many late model laptop/notebook computers without an Ethernet cable. Between the WAP and the wired switching capabilities of the router the computers are able to communicate with each other in addition to the Internet. Make sure you review material on WAP security if you acquire a WAP equipped router so that others don't use your broadband connection for unauthorized or even illegal activities (you could be blamed for their activities).

There are some informative animated tutorial about networking in the learning center at Welcome to Linksys.com .
    Other equipment manufacturers may have tutorials as well.
    aung2bo Posts: 87, Reputation: 7

Sep 4, 2008, 01:54 AM
    I hope both computers have RJ45 network port.

If you have , very easy to connect two computers.

1. you need RJ45 Cat5 cross cable.
    2. configure IP address on both computer.

After this you can connect each other by IP address.

Regards,
    ABB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non-communicator communicating [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I'm one of those people who are good at talking about their problems with everyone but the one they need to talk to. I've been dating this guy for over 5 months. When we met, my divorce was a month from being final and he has been dealing with his ex (and their two sons) as well. I'm 29,...

Communicating effectively [ 3 Answers ]

What strategies might you use to communicate the use of data effectively in written business reports?

Communicating [ 7 Answers ]

So.. I'm dating this guy, but there are some things that come up that irritates me. He'll tell me he will meet me at some time then changes the time because something else pops up. What's up with that? One time he called me 30 minutes or an hour after we were suppose to meet. I always feel like...

View more questions Search