Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richka Posts: 145, Reputation: -1

Sep 3, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Compaq System Recovery
    My HP Compaq Presario SR1650NX totally crashed last February. Somehow, a friend, taking 8 hours, got it back to working but it has now become insane.
    I decided to do a system recovery and printed out instructions from Google. I'm kind of nervous about it but I also have a Gateway PC connected to the same router that I can use while the HP is recovering.
    Should I transfer all my documents to the Gateway before starting the recovery and if I disconnect the HP from the router, will my incoming emails automatically go into the Gateway?
    Thanks
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 3, 2008, 01:01 PM
    Before you think about doing a full system recovery (reinstall) try some serious maintenance.
    Here are my tips on this subject: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/comput...ml#post1143582
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 01:06 PM
    If using the HP recovery, I would transfer (copy) any docs, files, or anything you may not have avail on Gateway to the Gateway, just to be safe.

Incoming emails should be on your email server until you receive them, but you can set up your gateway with your email account info so in the mean time it could be read on your gateway
    aung2bo Posts: 87, Reputation: 7

Sep 4, 2008, 01:43 AM
    If you do the HP Recovery , You should back up all your data to safe. HP recover can do the back up and recovery but sometime got problem .

I did HP recovery last time and give me some problem.

Regards,
    ABB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compaq System Recovery [ 6 Answers ]

Ok so I noticed my cpu was getting a little cluttered and full of junk so I decided to reset it. No not to a earlier date, but to factory settings. Now it retained some of my original programs which I use So that's fine. Although my available memory hasn't changed. I have a 160GB or memory and I...

Compaq presario recovery [ 7 Answers ]

I made some recovery discs, when I load them up, it comes up to a window that asks to restart or shutdown. I restart the computer and all I get is a black screen with the cursor in the upper left hand corner. I have tried every key on the keyboard and nothing happens. What should I try to do?

Problem With Compaq System Recovery [ 1 Answers ]

My computer was really messed up I did restore point on it and after that it didn't work at all. So I decided to do system recovery. Next think I know all my files were deleted and set back to factory settings. My dad went on the computer and asked me happed why isint my tax program stuff on it. I...

COMPAQ System for Probation Transfers [ 2 Answers ]

My son is in the process of trying to get his probation (Felony DWI) transferred from Minnesota to Arkansas. He has gone through all of the steps; Requesting the transfer from his current PO; completing the paperwork and paying the transfer fee; acceptance from the new location. He even went back...

System recovery [ 2 Answers ]

I got a new HP Slimline computer a few weeks ago and I'm having problems already due to a transformer blowout across the strret from me while I was on the computer so I want to do a system restore before I put any of my own things on here. Right now I'm getting script error messages when I go on...

View more questions Search