Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catlady417 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Getting out of a lease due to medical concerns
    My daughter is currently enrolled at a State College. She is placed in a student housing facility that is a years length lease. She currently has come down with a eating disorder which is making her extremely unhealthy! She visited a doctor for a evaluation and he suggested inpatient treatment. My insurance does not cover the treatment and I can't afford that with paying my daughters lease for a year. Is there any way I can get her out of this lease?
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Have you read the written lease? Do you mean student housing, as in University-run student housing, or some kind of privately run deal? I honestly don't know if school owned properties are bound by the same landlord / tenant laws as other landlords.

Is she withdrawing from school to go into rehab? Where I went to school you had to be a student to stay in student housing.

I would recommend reading the lease with a fine-toothed-comb and contact the "landlord" and plead your case.
    catlady417 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 03:17 PM
    She does have to be enrolled as a full time student. I told her to get a copy of her lease as they did not give her a copy. She will be dropping from school so maybe there is something there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking a lease due to medical reasons [ 4 Answers ]

I am asking this for a friend, she has a special needs daughter (diabetic, bipolar, mildly mentally disabled, and has a lot of psychological problems from sexual and physical abuse from the time she was born until she was 2 and my friend got custody) When they moved into their apartment, she was...

Medical concerns [ 1 Answers ]

I recently found my birth family & found out some health concerns. I have found out that some of my relatives have MS. I had a stroke 2 years ago & all tests that were done cam e back negative-neurologist stated that it was caused by a migraine. Could the stroke have been caused by MS? I do...

Can I be released from my lease agreement due to health concerns? [ 5 Answers ]

The reason I want out of my lease and why I should never have signed a new one is that the air conditioning does not cool the apartment efficiently and the manager told me today that she's not going to do anything about it. Many days it gets over 90, probably over 100 degrees inside. On average...

Breaking lease due to medical condition [ 13 Answers ]

I need to know if a elderly couple can get out of a reining lease due to a medical condition that does not allow or permit one to climb the inside stairs. They have a doctors write up stating such activity would endanger their health. They are both being put in assisted living and are OK giving...

Breaking a lease for medical reasons [ 2 Answers ]

I am an elderly 82-year-old woman who needs to move out of my third-floor apartment for medical reasons. Is there a way to break a lease without penalty because of this? I have been a tenant of the apartment complex for 23 years.

View more questions Search