Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acca_majid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Nikkha in council
    Assalam-o-Alaikum

I am muslim and I am writing you from london. I have got married with a converted muslim in council (paper marriage) in front of 6 -7 people. Now when I wanted to do NIKHA so I contact some imams but I became so disappointed when they told me you are already husband and wife .

Is it true?
    Are we hasband and wife by islamic law?
    Can you also tell me in which islamic book it is written that muslim can marry in church or mander?

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you shortly
    Your faithfully
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Assalaam alaikum,

----------------------------------
    Islamic Sharia Council - What are the types of a valid Islamic marriage?
    What are the types of a valid Islamic marriage?
    There are two types currently being practiced by Muslims:

1. Islamic marriage conducted by an Imam either in a mosque or a house in the presence of two witnesses and with the consent of the guardian of the bride (if available).

2. After the Islamic marriage is done the parties go to a registry and contract a civil marriage as well.

-------------------------------------
    Islam Question and Answer - Conditions for valid marriage contract
    Conditions for valid marriage contract
    What is the correct Islamic procedure for a marriage ceremony, I mean if two Muslims are married (legally) without the presence of a religious "person" (like imam etc.), does that mean the marriage is non-existent in terms of Islam?

All praise is due to Allaah. A marriage contract is valid in Islam if the following conditions are met, even if the marriage does not take place in a court, or in the presence of a Judge or the Imaam of the masjid. In addition, it does not need to be written. The waliy (guardian) of the girl has accepted the proposal by saying, for example, "I marry you my daughter", and the one who proposed has replied, for example, by " I accept," or "I am satisfied" (i.e. with his acceptance). This takes place in the presence of two witnesses The woman is legally eligible to marry the man according to Islamic shari'ah (that is she is not a Mahram of the proposer [those to whom the proposer is forbidden to marry. etc.]) Allah knows best.
    Islam Q&A
    Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
    ---------------------------------
    Islam Question and Answer - Ruling on doing weddings in the mosque and always starting with recitation of Quraan and exhortation

I am not sure I understand why you feel disappointed that you are already husband and wife?

Sorry,but I do not know of any book which says marriage in a church is valid or not.

Wa alaikum salaam

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Church council [ 6 Answers ]

Hi - I have been advised that since minors cannot be held legally responsible, they should not serve on a council where financial decisions need to be made - I live in New York - is this true? And if so what is the minimum age for election to a church council? Thanks, Howard

Council Tax [ 4 Answers ]

If You Rent A House From A Private Landlord Then Who Should Pay The Council Tax, The Tenant Or The Landlord?

UN security council [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know why the UN security council should not maintain Their veto power? I seriously need to know please and thank you!:eek:

View more questions Search