Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    basketball9886 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 09:50 AM
    Cartilage percing
    Okay. Well I really want to get my cartilage periced but I have only like a month to let it heal because I play basketball. Can I like take it out for a game then put it bac in?
    meagank Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Sep 1, 2008, 10:26 AM
    When you have your cartilage priced it breaks the cartilage and it will be sore for at least a month you need more then a month for it to heal and if you decide to take it out withen a month its gooing to be hard to get it back in its not a good idea to take it in and out all the time if I was you sine you are onley takeing it out for basketball I would wate till the season is over and then do it because if you do get it done and then take it out and you can't get it back in and then have to get it re priced you will run the risk of having to break another pice of the cartlige I did mine back in high school when I was 17 I'm now 40 and I can still fell where my cartilage is broke when I got it priced once you break it rember it will never go back
    Dee_ Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 03:49 PM
    Piercing guns will, as Meagank said, break the cartilage in your ear. If you have to get it pierced, pierce with a needle by a professional. Some doctors now will even do the piercings; just be as safe as possible.
    I would not recommend piercing it, however, with your basketball starting up. It has nothing to do with the cartilage itself, but everything to do with irritation. Your skin needs to heal around the piercing. Even taking it out for a few hours for a game, your skin will grow over a layer, as it's still a wound. Constantly putting it back in will slow the healing process, and create possible infection (also considering sweat and bacteria from playing). Not recommended, sweetie.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does a cartilage percing hurt ? [ 7 Answers ]

Kay, well. I've been wanting to get a cartilage percing for over 3 months now, but, i've been holding it off, because im WAY to terrified it's going to kill like heck, since it's going to be done with a needle at a tatoo parlor, since they dont allow using guns anymore for that specific peircing....

Cartilage Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I want to get my own cartilage pierced. Say I am doing it right now, and all I have are cotton balls, a new earring, and an ice cube, could I pierce the cartilage? Or would it not be safe? And where is it okay to pierce the cartialge? Are there dangerous places to peirce it? I'm worried that if I...

Cartilage piercing [ 32 Answers ]

hi, i just got my cartilage pierced yesterday it was my first time geting in periced too so im alittle freaked out.. and its not a regural stud its like bell bar.. and it hurts like crazy.. the guy who did it said to only clean it when its wet like in the shower.. which i take everyday.. and then...

Percing infected! [ 12 Answers ]

hi my name is anna and i had my belly button pierced but it got infected.! i was wondering... :confused: when its of and it closes... is it still infected? Do i need 2 see a doctor? My friend told me that i have a ring worm in there and if i don't take it out i will become bigger..! :eek:

Cartilage [ 5 Answers ]

I just got my cartilage pierced about 4 days ago by a friend. It didn't really hurt that bad until now. It's a little red, but not swollen or anything like that. It just stings really bad. I don't know what I should do because my parents don't know about the piercing. Is there anything I can do...

View more questions Search