Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mimi03 Posts: 201, Reputation: 45

Sep 1, 2008, 06:24 AM
    Stop the barking and whining!
    I have a 5 month old female Blue American Pit bull.

For the most part she is a joy to be around!

However, when she is left home alone she barks and whines hysterically (I record her with a voice recorder to see how she behaves when no one is home).

I really do not want her to continue this behavior mainly because I live in an apartment and have 3 neighbors who I don't want to disturb with noise.

Luckily, I have new neighbors (in a house right outside of my apartment) that will allow my dog to be chained in the back yard of their house whenever I need to leave her... but by the time myself or boyfriend returns she's still barking most of the time.

We try to separate from her throughout the day to get her accustomed to not always being by our side and she behaves very well but when we leave in the car she goes crazy!
    She can't even hear the sound of our keys because she knows what's about to happen and starts to whine :(

What can I do to help her become comfortable or Is this puppy behavior that she will grow out of?

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy that won't stop barking [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, We have a 6 month old brussels griffon named Stella. The problem is, she won't Stop barking at family members. If she hears them come down the steps or any Little noise she barks. We have tried putting her in here crate, telling her NO and Cesers technique of shushing her. We are at...

Whining. [ 8 Answers ]

Dunc. Is about 5mo. Now & we are starting to find teeth around the house. My question is relating to teething. Could his recent about of whining be related to his teeth loss? I was talking to a women at the part and said her Burmese did the same thing & turned out to be an issue with his knees....

My doxie won't stop barking [ 2 Answers ]

Hello My sweet 10 month old female dachshund has been socialized since she was 8 weeks old to all sorts of people and animals. She is a registered pet therapy dog since I am confined to a wheelchair. I take her shopping and almost everywhere I go and she usually behaves like an angel and...

Dog who won't stop barking [ 2 Answers ]

I have a sheltie who is almost two years old. She was rescued from a pet store that was going out of business. After purchasing her I found out that they had her in a crate with a much older animal who would "bully" her around. Her first few months involved her being extremely skiddish and it...

Dog won't stop barking! [ 1 Answers ]

My dog just won't try barking!! He's an american bulldog and he is pretty lazy.. I tried everything! I tried to see if he needs attention, if he needs to go outside, if he's hungry(or thirsty), and if he wants a spot to sit down... NOTHING worked!! PLEASE HELP ME Thanks...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search