Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Longstorm Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 04:15 AM
    Signals and signs between lesbians
    Okay, I feel the need to explain a little. I'm writing a novel, within which are two characters. Both are female and one is a lesbian. Being a straight male myself I'm not aware of any signals or signs that the lesbian community might use in dress style or hand signals etc, which could inform other females of their sexual preference.

The lesbian character is a police officer, and she is interested in a female doctor, but doesn't know if the doctor is also a lesbian.

What signals or signs would such a person employ without coming right out in the open and just asking. They aren't alone when they meet, and such a direct question would damage possibly both their careers.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated. Failing that I'll have to make something up and run the risk of offending the lesbian community.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 09:42 PM

Ah ha ha ha
    GoldenGate Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 10:52 PM
    The cop isn't very clever if she can't figure out a way to either get the doctor alone OR ask her orientation in a non obvious manner.

But anyway, maybe she's not supposed to be such a clever character, or it's a really extraordinary circumstance. In which case, I've heard that double piercings on one ear can indicate lesbianism, as well as keeping one's wallet in a certain back pocket? Both of those are from a long time ago, though, and with people getting more piercings and wearing more pants these days, they may not apply anymore.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2008, 06:13 AM

As a bisexual woman who was in a long term relationship for over 2 years with a woman I found this funny. Am I not entitiled to? Or is that in your rules and regulations too?

There are no unwritten rules of being or displaying being gay.
    frankop880 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2011, 09:47 PM
    Do lesbians have signs to attract one another? What makes lesbians fall in love with one another? As a straight man, I consider myself a good looking average size man, and I am looking for the signs from straight women. I am a very sincere man that hopes to meet the right woman for me today. Please help me out here, any suggestions?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What are signals to cleptomania [ 1 Answers ]

One of my family members is known to take things, as a teenager, 7-16 yrs. She would take items of clothing. 17 to 19 yrs. She was stealing money & food from her convenience store job. Now she's 21 and moved out & has been moved out for these reasons since 18 yrs. Old She is now back in our lives &...

Are all lesbians mad? [ 16 Answers ]

I'm starting to think that I wish I could change my sexuality... im attracted to women and I have no trouble getting them its just a lot them seem to be very unstable. Maybe most women are?

Signals [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Can any one tell me what is the difference between Large and small signal Low and high siganl Flipflop and latch

View more questions Search