Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bertahead Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2006, 03:58 PM
    I need some advice
    I met up with this guy (9/9/74) about 3 months ago. I knew him since we were in middle school. We knew each other back then, but never became friends. When I met up with him again, I swear, I saw stars. I felt an immediate connection with him, and I felt like he felt it too. For 3 months, I would sneak peaks at him, only to find him looking at me. When we would talk, we would both just act like idiots and say the stupidest things. A few weeks ago, I found out he was moving out of town (about 1 1/2 hours away). I was crushed! I mean I was SAD! I knew that if I wanted things to go anywhere, I've got to start talking to him. So I called him, we stayed talking for about an hour and a half. He acted so bashful around me after that, it was so cute. So then came the day he left. He "stopped by" my work to talk to his boss, but he went to my building to look for her... (she's only there very briefly each day and spends her time at the building next door to mine). Again, we both acted all akward. He left like real quick and avoided eye contact. It was weird. FRUSTRATING! I just wanted to grab him and kiss him. Anyway, after he was gone almost 2 weeks, I gathered up the nerve and wrote him a letter just saying that I had a crush on him and I'de like him to keep in touch. I sent it off Thurdsay. I'm DYING to know if he got it, what he feels about it, what he feels about me, what will happen with us!? :confused:

Any advice is appreciated.

Berta
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 30, 2006, 05:20 PM
    Ok, please forgive me for speaking my mind.

You did say work, not jr high school right ?

First 1 1/2 hour away is not away, heck in atlanta GA that is hardly travel from one side of town to the other. 10 or 12 hours away is away.
    1 1/2 hour is still very capable of being a dating distance, esp if you include email and cell phones today.

And you wrote a letter saying you had a "crush", just reminds me of writing notes in grade school. Why did you just not ask him out before he left, a going away dinner or something.

And you let him be gone for two weeks ? Why not pick up a phone and call him and see if he wants to perhaps meet for dinner, you can pick a place about 1/2 way between
    bertahead Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2006, 05:57 PM
    Sheesh! O.K. I'm married, but just decided to divorce. I didn't say anything because I honestly had a crush on him, but did not plan to act on it until the issue of divorce was settled.
    And I didn't actually say, "oh, i have a crush on you." "do you like me? Check yes or no". That's silly. I just tolk him that I liked him.
    cece23 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jun 29, 2006, 06:44 AM
    I can't honestly tell you how he reacted to your letter, perhaps you already know by now. But I do feel strongly that you still have some issues remaining with your current marriage which you need to resolve. The love is not there anymore, but you still need to come to terms with the reasons it didn't work out. It's sometimes so easy to blame others for the break-up and ignore what we could have also done ourselves to help the situation. If you don't resolve this before starting a new relationship you risk the chances of the same thing happening again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

I need advice... [ 9 Answers ]

I want my ex boyfriend back... we went out for a year... we broke up... because so much was wrong... we were fighting heaps you know... Its taken me half a year to realise I still really love him... he said I mean more to him than anyone else... because we lost our virginity to each other... ...

I need advice [ 15 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I am 17 years old. There's this 15 year old girl that love soooo much.We known each other for 1 and a half years now. She is a shyish girl with few friends, who reads a lot.She plays with her hair sometimes(only around me I noticed). She found out that I liked her during winter break...

Advice [ 4 Answers ]

I'm currently enrolled at the University of Iowa as an accoutning student. In grad school I will be getting a joint law degree with a masters in accounting because I want to be a tax attorney. Any advice on what else I should do outside of my basic course of action?

Advice please [ 9 Answers ]

I saw my ex girlfriend (2 yr relationship) for the first time since we broke up (4 months ago) at a mates party the other night. I played it pretty cool and wasn't needy or anything. She seemed like she wanted to talk to me and I noticed her looking at me a few times when I was talking to another...

View more questions Search