Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    packer04 Posts: 105, Reputation: 2

Aug 29, 2008, 11:29 PM
    Should I tell him my credit woes?
    I am currently in a relationship with a great guy. He has everything together,his finances,retirement, and his goals. We are both 49 and divorced. His divorce was fair and he is still friends with her.Mine not so(he took all the money from our home and left me with debt I didn't know we had) so I filed bankruptsy and have started over. Its been rough and I don't have financially nearly what he does. I haven't told him any of this. We really like each other and I am wondering if I should be up front with him now or wait.
    kupkake Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2008, 11:40 PM
    Be up front with him. Tell the truth now. Don't wait.
    It is not your fault that your ex left you with this burden.
    By telling him now (in a matter-of-fact way... not whiny or complaining) he should respect you for being honest and see you as mature in your outlook on your situation and willing to face up to this challenge in your life.

If he doesn't respect you for it... find out now before you get more involved with him.
    Don't wait to find out what kind of a man he is.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 30, 2008, 10:10 AM
    How long has this relationship been going on? Do you have plans?? If its early, and your just dating, its not his business.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2008, 11:21 AM
    You seem to know a good bit about his financial status and goals. I don't know the exact time you should tell him about your problems but it can't be far off. If you wait too long it could be a deal breaker for sure, or he could find out on his own before you tell him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tub woes [ 1 Answers ]

I have a moen push/pull knob that will not completely turn off. A slow but steady stream runs all the time. The pull for water works fine but when you push for off it is kind of hard to push in and does not completely turn off. What can I do?

Knowing which credit bureau is being checked when you apply for credit/Credit Cards [ 1 Answers ]

Which credit cards use only the trans union credit report for their cc applications? this knowledge may help me save part of my universe>:D

Judgement woes [ 2 Answers ]

Just been served papers to appear in court on an outstanding credit card debt or judgment of default will follow if I don't but even if I go to court show what little income I have there is no way I can make arrangement to pay back? What should I do?

Keyboard woes [ 1 Answers ]

A friend gets numbers when typing letters in an e mail on her acer laptop - anyone out there have an answer or comments? Thanks

View more questions Search