Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bowling Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2008, 06:29 PM
    Harassment Warrant
    A woman has been harassing me for over 3 years. I told her by email and over the phone several times to stop calling and emailing me. When that did not work I got the police involved. They called her not once but twice and it started up again. She would call my work, send presents to my work and email me constantly. She is mentally unstable. The 2 times the police called her a case number was assigned. I finally got fed up and signed a warrant for her arrest and she was arrested. She is due to be arraigned soon. I assume if she pleads not guilty I will have to go to court. I was told if this happens the police officer that talked to her last will be asked to come in and testify against her and state that he told her to stop. My question is do I need to get a lawyer if this goes to trial, I just want her to leave me alone. She is not an exgirlfriend or friend really she is just a casual aquantainace that is obesessed with me. I know someone that knows of her and they say she is very strange and has done this before but that person does not know if she has a record or anything. Thanks!!
    RemyGoof Posts: 16, Reputation: 1
    -

Aug 30, 2008, 12:28 AM
    What state are you in? Many have stalking codes written into their state laws. In CA it is the penal code, in ND it is the Century Code, etc.

Document it all and get a restraining order, your having her arrested before should have at least granted you a temp restraining order, with a court date to get a full order. Some folk can't take a subtle hint; maybe just tell her in a kind way why you don't deserve a woman like her?

Maybe anonymously get her to go to a place with lots of people who might be interested in her? If she becomes interested in someone else, maybe she leaves you be?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2008, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RemyGoof
    What state are you in? Many have stalking codes written into their state laws. in CA it is the penal code, in ND it is the Century Code, etc.

Document it all and get a restraining order, your having her arrested before should have at least granted you a temp restraining order, with a court date to get a full order. Some folk can't take a subtle hint; maybe just tell her in a kind way why you don't deserve a woman like her?

Maybe anonymously get her to go to a place with lots of people who might be interested in her? If she becomes interested in someone else, maybe she leaves you be?

This is very bad legal advice - the stalker is obviously in some way minimally upset and on the other end of the scale, deranged. You can't get someone arrested and then talk to her in a "kindly" (or any other) way without getting yourself arrested. ANY attention will be interpreted as a sign of interest.

And siccing her on someone else - ?

Yes, go to Court with an Attorney and get this ended once and for all. I think it would be worth the time and money. Your Attorney will be more than familiar with the various laws and angles, know the climate in the Court, ask for any and every relief possible.

And in the meanwhile - and you sound like you're doing it - do not allow yourself to get drawn into the web in any fashion.

(Sounds like a nightmare!)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recovery Warrant, Civil Warrant or Detainer Warrant? [ 4 Answers ]

I closed on the purchase of a house on April 27th. The seller notified a roommate (who was "not" a tenant) to move on April 4th. He moved his furniture on April 12 but left 4 broken down vehicles, and 2 garages wall-to-wall with things. He is dragging his feet on moving because he's angry at the...

Harassment - again! [ 9 Answers ]

I am attempting to locate the server in a matter involving internet threats and harassment - Scott posted some good advice and I went to that site but I am such a computer novice that I am totally lost. Does anyone have a source, an expert, who does this sort of checking? I believe they are...

I think its harassment [ 3 Answers ]

Here's the thing, I have been getting e-mails from my ex about her wanting to get back together with me, even though I told her I already had a girlfriend. She ignored that, and consistently sends me notes, e-mail, e-mails pictures of her"self" if you know what I mean, and the other day, she even...

Harassment /slander [ 1 Answers ]

I had a magazine write a story from my estranged husband, which was all lies, and I'm in court matters with ref him divorce/ injunctions and they gave all my details out in the magazine wher I lived my name pictures! They did not get in contact with myself1 to get my side of anything I feel I'm in...

Sexual harassment [ 21 Answers ]

I have the following question. There was a VOLUNTARY christmas party for the employees of the store I work at and we were not on the timeclock as attendees. One of the supervisors got drunk, and while joking put his hand on the knee of one of the girls he surpervises. He has now been put on a...

View more questions Search