Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tbonelols Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2008, 12:53 PM
    College dorm cable internet?
    How would cable internet work in a college dorm. My dorm has a cable port so can I go to a cable ISP and get a modem from them and get internet. Or would they have to come over and drill or something like that?
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Aug 29, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Most colleges have rules about what you can do in these situations, so the first thing you should do is talk to someone at your college. They probably gave you a brochure at orientation that explains all these things, so you might dig through your orientation stuff and look for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet (cable) connection may lost [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, In my good-old PC was a mainboard change because the earlier one went wrong, both of them have onboard LAN, and after the change in my WinXP Pro the internet connection (cable modem) slowed down, precisely speaking it may lost for a while (cca 70-80% of time). When it works it is very...

Cable Internet and TV [ 5 Answers ]

Just curious... If I sign up for Cable Internet only, can I still just plug the Coax into my TV and get Cable channels too? z.

Wireless/cable internet connection [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have 2 issues. Now I am new to this, so please don't judge me. 1) I was recently by my friend with my laptop (has wireless connectivity). I was able to connect to the wireless modem - got an ip address, subnet mask, and default gateway - but, still couldn't connect to the internet. I...

Please help... Cable Internet Connection Not Working [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: I hope someone can help me with this. I know the basics of a computer and am trying to help my neighbor with their internet connection. They have a cable connection coming into their home. They have a computer on the first floor and one on the second both running Windows XP home...

Home Wireless network + Cable Internet [ 4 Answers ]

So cable internet finally got cheap enough here in Croatia, and I consider switching to it. I'm currently using a LAN of 3 computers, connected through a switch. I'm also considering switching to wireless network because I'll have to move the main computer to another room, which would cause me to...

View more questions Search