Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jim roberts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2006, 05:55 PM
    Briggs , no fire or fuel
    No fire or fuel on a 14.5 briggs ohv mtd mower. If I disconect the 2 prong connector at front of mower going to fuel solonoid and coil, I have fire but no fuel.How does the fuel solonoid work and where does it get it's power from?
    I have no voltage coming from ignition sw to yellow wires at clutch safety
    sw.I have fuel coming to carb, What I don't understand is why don't I have ignition spark
    Until I unplug the connector going to the fuel solonoid, is there a common problem that would disable spark and fuel solonoid at the same time??
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2006, 07:24 PM
    http://www.tulsaenginewarehouse.com/.../allwiring.pdf

One wire goes to a ground (like the engine) and the other to a power source on the key switch (the pdf above should be able to show you in detail) The fuel solenoid is what it is, it cuts the fuel off... but that's not exactly why it's there.. its for epa reasons, older engines without it would have a little bit of raw fuel spit into the combustion chamber after you kill the engine, the solenoid stops this. When they go bad, they just won't let any gas get to the main jet to run.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fuel smell, Fuel tank leak [ 7 Answers ]

We had a fuel tank leak, how do I get the smell out of our boat? What do you know about a aluminum tank leaking? We have a 1988 Bayliner 34' the tank is located under the back bed, she holds 200 gal, we don't know where the leak is on the tank. We have been told it will be costly to repair, I have...

Fuel $$$ [ 12 Answers ]

How much is a litre of gas where you are? Our prices are continually on the rise so I'm just curious as to what everyone else is paying.

Briggs 18hp won't fire [ 7 Answers ]

Have an 18hp Briggs Twin that quit and would not start. After detecting a weak spark, replaced plugs and coil. Ran great for two weeks, now week spark again on new coil. Only get strong spark when one coil wire is grounded. Then the other gives strong spark. Could the starter be turning too...

92 honda civic no fire no fuel-new relay! [ 3 Answers ]

92 honda civic won't start- replaced distributor, fuel pump, and main relay still nothing! If I jump the 5 & 7 terminals on the relay plug the pump will work but that's the only way it will but I still have no fire?? What could this be?? PLEASE HELP!!

View more questions Search