Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dfresh Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Max out!
    Hi I live in jersey and I am on probation D.P. charge. I have been on probation for a year and a half and I have violated twice. While waiting for to go to court to get put on probation I spent 176 days in jail. Now they say I have to do the rest of my time in jail.
    Now what I would like to know if they gave me one year probation and I have been on for one and a half years, and I served 176 days in jail. What would I be looking at as far time in jail? And how much of your sentence does one serve? Cause I heard it's 1/3rd of your sentence.
    kings_county Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Aug 28, 2008, 11:09 AM
    You would serve 2/3 of your time if you go without any problems in jail. On a DP, you should have a max sentence of 6 months per count. For this, you would normally do 120 days before max out. Did you have more than one charge? It seems odd that you could do 176 days for one DP unless you lost your 'good' time in jail. At any rate, one DP count carries a max of 180 days in N.J.
    patt24k Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Aug 28, 2008, 12:22 PM
    If it's a midemeanor charge, then its typically up to the county what percent you serve on a sentence. If it's a state felony then its up to the state. I don't know what they do up in Jersey but 360 minus 176 leaves you about six months. If you get 8 good days a month- which is what they do here in Tennesse- then you will have about 4 and a half months left. Some counties jails give you 2 days for every 1 day you work. Therefor, if you make trustee then you would be looking at less than 90 days. It just all depends.

Aug 28, 2008, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kings_county
    you would serve 2/3 of your time if you go without any problems in jail. on a DP, you should have a max sentence of 6 months per count. For this, you would normally do 120 days before max out. did you have more than one charge? it seems odd that you could do 176 days for one DP unless you lost your 'good' time in jail. At any rate, one DP count carries a max of 180 days in N.J.

I got arrested for multiple charges and I spent 176 days while waiting to go to court. When I got to court my charges got down graded to d.p. 2c:18-3a and I got one year probation. Since I violated once I have now been on for a year and eight months.

Oct 4, 2008, 11:43 AM

Ok so I went to court on August 29 for the violation. The judge took away my probation and told me I had to max out 180 days but that I had 142 days time served. So my release date was for sept. 9th. On the 9th I was not released and they stated that the time served they gave me was wrong and they were only giving me 45 days time served. I wrote to the judge and explained to her that the court transcripts has her stating that I was getting 142 days time served and that she needs to honor her judgement. On Sept.12 the jail released me and gave me all my credit. So now I'm clean no probation no more jail andno more legal problems. Thanks everyone that gave me feed back

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search