Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rlvaneaton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 08:21 PM
    Adopting my daughter
    I was wondering if anyone could help me out I would like to know how & how hard it is for my husband to be able to adpot my daughter? My daughter's bioloical father is on the birth certificate,I live in albert,canada but her biological father only comes around once every few months & has just enformed me that he's moving to another province.

Is it possible for my husband to adopt my daughter without her biological fathers permission/contact?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 10:11 AM
    I don't know Canadian law, but I highly doubt you can have you child adopted by your spouse without her birthfather's permission.

I would check with a family lawyer on this, because you will probably need one for the rest of the process anyway.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 26, 2008, 10:41 AM
    No way will a court grant the adoption without the bio father's agreement. However, if he is paying child support, he may agree since support will end. As noted your best bet is to consult an attorney to draw up all the papers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopting my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

I'm wanting to know if my husband can legally adopt my daughter. Her biological father.. I call him her "sperm donor" has not been in my life since I was 2 months pregnant & he has never been in hers. I have no idea where he is.. no social security #.. nothing... I tried to get legal full custody...

Adopting my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Can my boyfrind adopt my daughter who does not have a farther on her birth record?

Adopting my Daughter [ 2 Answers ]

My husband would like to adopt our three year old child. Her biological father is not part of her life due to legal reasons and the nature of a crime. I have been notified via email by him that he wants nothing to do with her and that he does not consider her his child. When I gave birth to her I ...

New husband adopting my daughter [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 6 month old daughter. Her father has not seen her yet and he is not on the birth certificate. Me and my fiancé (not her father) are about to get married and are looking into him adopting her. I am wanting to know what to expect and what rights if any the father has. I have filed for child...

Adopting my step daughter [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible for me to adopt my step daughter? The situation is that her father is on the birth certificate but does not play a role in her life. My wife has full legal custody and a protective order agonist the father preventing him of knowing where we live. He pays no child support or has no...

View more questions Search