Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    candy8100 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2006, 07:01 AM
    Sprinkler pump hooked up to house plumbing
    I just installed a sprinkler service for my house and the water pressure was 40 psi which they said was too low for the system. So we installed a pump. They installed the pump so that it would increase pressure through the house plumbing as well. My question is that unsafe for the pipes in my house or the system in general? When you turn on the sink there is a delayed increase in pressure which is when the pump activates. Please advise. Thank you
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 26, 2006, 11:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by candy8100
    i just installed a sprinkler service for my house and the water pressure was 40 psi which they said was too low for the system. so we installed a pump. they installed the pump so that it would increase pressure through the house plumbing as well. My question is that unsafe for the pipes in my house or the system in general? When you turn on the sink there is a delayed increase in pressure which is when the pump activates. please advise. thank you

Hi Candy,
    "My question is that unsafe for the pipes in my house or the system in general?"
    Before I can answer that question I would have to know what they increased the pressure to. Anything under 60 PSI's acceptable.

" When you turn on the sink there is a delayed increase in pressure which is when the pump activates".
    This is a normal "time lag" while the pump builds up pressure. When they installed the pump did they also install a pressure tank so this wouldn't happen? Regards, Tom
    candy8100 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2006, 03:44 PM
    They did not install a pressure tank, just the pressure machine. (I don't know if that's the same thing. How would I know how high the psi is presently?
    Thanks, candy
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 26, 2006, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by candy8100
    they did not install a pressure tank, just the pressure machine. (i don't know if that's the same thing. How would i know how high the psi is presently?
    thanks, candy
    Hey Candy,

Look on the pressure control box,(see image) located on top of the pump. You will see a cut in and a cut out PSI. I want the cut out pressure. Cheers, Tomk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1950's Florida slab house plumbing problems [ 9 Answers ]

We just bought our house in April. The plumbing has worked fine until recently. I'm trying to locate the main source of our problem and figure out how extensive it is. The shower and tub drains in the bathrooms have been backing up recently, leaving a brown gritty substance. The sink drain in the...

House odor -not plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

My house was an older home that was gutted and rebuilt last year. The only original part is the basement. This week we notices a "garbage-type" odor coming from a downstairs open area that connects the kitchen, living room, entrance to basement (no odor or water leaks in basement), and entrance to...

Sprinkler pump [ 4 Answers ]

My sprinkler pump works fine I have good pressure but the pump makes a loud screaming sound. I think my neighbors are upset with me. How can I fix the problem?

Sprinkler pump is losing its prime [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all... my sprinkler pump is losing its prime on a daily basis. I have a newly sodded lawn and need to water daily. Could it be the check valve causing this? The check valve has been rattling lately when the sprinklers are on. If anyone has any ideas they would be appreciated. THanks.

View more questions Search