Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2008, 06:04 AM
    That's exactly it to. I don't want to seem desperate. So, should I not talk to her today and give her a call tomorrow night, to make it seem not so bad, and kind of give it a 2 day rule kind of thing? Do you think that might work?
    Ivory0921 Posts: 82, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 07:53 AM
    Everyone's right. You MIGHT have given her a somewhat desperate/needy vibe. So just chill, and act as if you don't care too much if she replies to your texts or not. One message for every one of her replies will do. Slow down and learn to "play" her game. Do not call or text her unless she texts you or actually replies. You might come off too strong and girls can easily sense if you're really into them. Just take it easy. ;)
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2008, 10:52 AM
    OK. So, I should wait at least until tomorrow to call or text her? I haven't seemed desperate to her at all. If she never text me back, I just let it go, so I wouldn't seem desperate. I'm just curious of what she thinks though. I kind of want to call her, but I don't know still.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2008, 11:15 AM
    Give her a chance to call you.
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2008, 12:04 PM
    Ok. I should probably do that. I may be thinking way into it. If she doesn't respond, then I should let it go. It's just that I was out with my friends and my friends told me to give her my number, so I did. I wrote on a piece of paper: If you're single... (my number & name). Then I walked up and kind of brushed her back and I looked her right in the eyes and said, "If you're interested...call me." then I tuned around and walked away. I really didn't expet a call because she was just absolutely beautiful. But I got a call shortly after. But like I said my phone was shut off and was dying, and I didn't turn it on until I got back to my friends house. Now I am just confused as hell, because I think she doesn't want to start anything, and I just don't know how she feels or what!

Thanks!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 12:16 PM
    You give her your number, and she calls, but the phone is off. Nice going Romeo. Call her and explain. This is your fault, as you blew an opportunity. Bet you keep it charged up from now on, won't you?

Because I think she doesn't want to start anything, and I just don't know how she feels or what!
    How can she tell you anything when the phone is off? I would say your over thinking, and should simply call her back. Then shoot the phone!!
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Yes, my phone doesn't stay charged much longer than a day. I tried calling her back soon after I seen she had called me, but I just got her voicemail. So I text her the next day and we text back and forth, but then I said I would call her later because I was busy, then she text me later, and then I asked her if I could just call her, and she said she had to do somehing and she would call me. Well, it was getting late and I had to get up early for work so I told her I had to go to bed, and I asked if I could call her that next day, and she said yes. But like I said, I wanted to see if she was available to talk so I text her asking if it was a good time to call. Then I haven't heard back from her since. I text her today, and she didn't say anything. I just want to know straight forward if I should leave her alone, but she won't respond, but it isn't like I'm going crazy overboard trying to contact her. I just have like once since she didn't respond yesterday, but I think I will call her tonight. I hate texting I wish they would have never invented it. That is probably what has got me into the mess. So, I'm going to call her later I think, and if she doesn't answer, then I know she doesn't want to be bothered, and I will delete her number and pretend it never happened. Does that sound appropriate?
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2008, 02:54 PM
    I think your over analyzed everything too much. You just met, take a breathe and catch yourself. If all of this is over a phone call, image if your was dating. If you call and she don't answer leave a message and if she don't respond, then that's it. Not to be rude but I don't think she might be sitting around waiting on your call. She might just be busy.
    WhatN3XT Posts: 59, Reputation: 7

Aug 26, 2008, 04:02 PM
    When you call her tonight, as it seems you have already made up your mind about that... Explain what happened with your phone, and that you are disappointed that you missed her call. Tell her that you hate texting ( which is fact ) and start all over from there.

Keep the conversation upbeat and casual. Keep her smiling, laughing, and wanting more contact from you. Then say goodnight and ask her: would you like to go out sometime? Let her make the dates/times ( if she says yes, of course ) and you take care of the where, how.

Good luck and keep it fun.
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2008, 05:12 AM
    Thank you guys. I don't think you were being rude when you said that she probably isn't waiting on my call. I understand that, it just kind of bothered me, because I told her to call if she was interested and she did, and now she is obviously not. Wouldn't that bother anyone else? I tried calling her last night, and I got nobody. I left a message explaining things and told her to call me back if she wanted or if she didn't then goodbye. I wouldn't be all pissy and bothered if we were together and I couldn't get ahold of her. I'm not like that. It's like I said why it bothers me so much. After I talked to her, I deleted her number from my phone, and I am just going to let this one go. If I do some reason get a call from her, that would be cool, but I doubt it. Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2008, 02:14 PM
    You live and you learn. Overall I think you tried your hardest, over thought things a little, but you tried. There will be other girls you'll met that'll spark your interest.
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 07:22 AM
    Thanks a lot liz28. I hope I do. I think I will take things a little smoother. I have met another girl. Well, I've known her for about a year, but if I have any problems I will open up for discussion and hope to hear from you. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a girl and I like my best friend.who's a girl [ 18 Answers ]

Hi... I know there's lots of issues surrounding bisexual people and everything but I like girls and guys. I can't help it it's who I am. I have a boyfriend and everything between me and him are awesome, he gave me a promise ring and everything. But I'm attracted to my boyfriend... tia. She's...

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl in Michigan?

The girl of my dreams turn into the girl of my nightmare [ 6 Answers ]

We where going out for 5 years and it was great the first 2 years. We seen each other everyday and we love every minute of it. Then her mom found we were going out and try to make it bad for both of us. Then her mom put her in jail for stealing a key chain and running away from home when her mom...

Getting the Girl [ 5 Answers ]

All right, I'm in an unsure predicament right now, and it is neither good nor bad. I've never officially dated/kissed... a girl, I would sometimes make attempts to flirt but I am what some would call shy in person lol. I recently started at a new restaurant job, and am really interested in this...

Met This Girl I Like [ 2 Answers ]

A few months ago I met this girl and we finally met up with each other and got on really well. The problem is I don't know how to tell her that I like her as more then a friend and trying to figure out if she thinks of me as more then just a friend. After I left her she text me seeing if I got home...

View more questions Search