Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geminisblue79 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Aug 23, 2008, 07:02 PM
    Sis needs convincing to go to see dr
    I am asking this for my sister. She is 40 years old. She does have seizures that are under control. No meds , but has had some stomach/abdominal problems. She had bunch of gallstones 10 year ago. Gallbladder was removed. Has been told she had fibrocystic cystics. Has been told she has to see a internal medicine dr for her abdominal problems. But inless she passes out we have to argue and fight with her to get her to go to the dr. 4 months ago she had a cyst burst in her abdomin. She has a knot come up in the spot where her gall bladder was. When that happens her stomach bloats till she looks like she is six months pregnant. It gets harder for her to breath. Well recently she has had some lower back pain in the L 2& L3 area. When this happens she will get real weak and her legs and arms feel like they don't want to work. Her vision gets to where she sees tracers in her perrefial vision and sometimes she feels like she could pass out. She gets real droggy and dozes off. She says she feels like she doesn't even have the energy to speak. Her blood pressure is fine during this 128/82 pulse of 86. She is 5ft 7in 120 lbs. but full of muscle. There is a strong family history of heart problems. If anyone could give me some info that might help me convince her to go see a dr please do so. I would so very much appericiate it. Thank you very much in advance
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 23, 2008, 07:45 PM
    Beyond driving her to a ER and demanding she go, a person can not be made to do anything they are not willing to do.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Seizures... gall stones... passing out...

... it looks like she has all the info she needs to go to the doc, but as Fr_chuck said, one can't be forced to go to the doc...
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Next time she has one of her episides, put her in the car and take her to the ER as this sounds like it's only going to get worse before it gets better. Apparently she is in denial that there is anything wrong with her.
    geminisblue79 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Aug 24, 2008, 10:13 AM
    If it were only that easy. We have done called the ambluance she refused to go they told us they could not make her

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convincing parents into getting a dog [ 15 Answers ]

Does anyone know any good tips on how to convince parents into getting a dog?? I realllllyyy need help on this.. thank you soooooo much xoxoox

Convincing Puppy [ 3 Answers ]

I have just found the perfect dog for my family but my dad doesn't come that easy, I really think we have found our perfecto dog, how can I convince my dad?

Nose piercing-convincing [ 5 Answers ]

I reallyy reallyy reallyy want my nose pierced. I have thought about it for a long time and I've decided that I absolutely know that I want it. My problem is that my parents are reallyy strict about piercings and they are totally against anything except for my ears. Ive talked to my mom briefly...

Convincing her to meet me now [ 3 Answers ]

I have been chatting on the net and on the phone to this woman I met on a dating site a few months ago,and she was about to meet me in person but became very ill,and found out she he's cancer,and she is currently receiving chemotherapy now,but she has decided she doesn't want to meet me now in case...

View more questions Search