Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sahanawaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 02:47 AM
    Pc is not Accessble in same workgroup
    Hi! Friend I am Sahanawaz from india, it's the first time I have telling my problem.

So please send me answer which is help me. So I have write down my Problem---

1). In my office lan, there are 10 computers onder the same workgroup, same os(XP) and same IP series. But problem is that when I configured the LAN that time its have been working
    Perfectly every one access and communicated to others computer but some few days we are not access every computer, some of computer having accessble.

So please solve the problem by your advance network and your www.askmehelpdesk.com

Thanking you

Md. Sahanawaz
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 23, 2008, 03:04 AM
    Hello Sahanawaz

It can be caused by the original set-up and configuration of the LAN being changed . You mentioned that it first worked properly. So what changed to the LAN setup?

Or the set-up of one or more individual computers have changed.
    Did you already check the LAN access and sharing settings of each computer?

Please do these inspections and report back here. Let me know by private mail (click my handle and follow instructiions) and I return here to advice further !

:)
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Aug 23, 2008, 11:21 PM
    Windows Workgroups are limited to 10 share connections only. So if you have a PC that is acting as a "server", only 10 shared connections can be made at a time.

In order to increase this number, you will need to move on the next level of network licensing. Microsoft Small Business Server is designed for the small office in mind. It has a limit of up to 100 user connections and also adds functionality such as Exchange email server and ISA Internet proxy server.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to view my workgroup computers [ 1 Answers ]

Whenever I try to view my workgroup computers, there always a message saying that workgroup is not accessibe. Contact your administrator... iThe same happens when I try to use printer sharing. Please help.

Login after switched to Workgroup on XP [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, At home, I use a workgroup to link 3-XP based PCs, under "MSHOME" (works perfectly). At work, I use a Laptop which is part of the corp. domain. (works perfectly). I needed to link my laptop to my home network, so I have switched my domain based laptop to the workgroup "MSHOME". At...

Workgroup unaccessible [ 7 Answers ]

I have a computer I need to put onto a workgroup which is currently opperational with 13 other devises and computers. When I try and access the workgroup it tells me that I do not have permissions or have limited or no connectivety but, I am able to access the internet with the same computer. This...

Workgroup is not accesible ! Please help [ 10 Answers ]

I have the following problem and I really can't find the right answer :-( Three pc's (A, B and C), A and B running windows xp home edition and C windows xp professional (all with service pack 2). I have disabled windows firewall because I'm using zonealarm. All three are connected together...

Windows XP Workgroup + XP Firewall [ 2 Answers ]

My friend is trying to set up a small office network of 3 computers all running windows xp home. It's a very simple set up of a hub connecting the three computers A, B & C He's asked me to help him set this up but we have come across a slight problem. It would seem that the xp firewall is...

View more questions Search