Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janmike Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Jehovah witness wedding gift
    Is it appropriate to give money as a wedding gift at a Jehovah witness wedding?
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 09:53 PM
    I don't know the answer to this exact question. However, I can tell you that I dated a Jehovah's Witness in high school. He was not allowed to receive gifts for birthday, Christmas, etc because the religion saw these gifts as a way of worshiping the occasion. So in keeping with this philosophy, I would think that they do not accept gifts for weddings. I suggest you contact a local Jehovah's Witness church and ask someone there. Be honest in that you are uncertain of their traditions and want to honor their beliefs.
    BrendaZ Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 05:58 AM

I grew up as a Witness. They accept gifts for weddings and anniversaries but not for what are thought to be pagan holidays. You are safe.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 8, 2008, 06:12 AM

Money is always a good gift, and yes they can receive it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I get my husband as a wedding gift? [ 10 Answers ]

My husband and I eloped about a month ago. We are having a party for all the family, kind of a laid back reception :) I am at a loss as to what to get him as a wedding gift from me?? Any ideas?? :confused:

Wedding gift [ 2 Answers ]

If you do not attend the wedding is it okay to spend less money on a gift than if you were to attend the reception? If so, what percentage less would be acceptable?

$ Wedding Gift $ [ 16 Answers ]

My sister is getting married very soon. She and her fiancé have suggested that guests give a gift in the form of a donation of money towards their honeymoon, as they have already been living together for some years and are all set up. (They made this suggestion on the invitations in a most polite...

Wedding gift [ 2 Answers ]

How much $$ should I give to casual friends at a wedding

Monetary wedding gift [ 6 Answers ]

What would be the proper monetary wedding gift as a member of the wedding party?

View more questions Search