Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alalal12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Green card
    I am seeing a girl from the Philippines and we plan to marry. She has been here, and working, since 2006. Her visitor visa is expired a year. Is there anyway we can get a green card for her?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 21, 2008, 07:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alalal12
    I am seeing a girl from the Philippines and we plan to marry. She has been here, and working, since 2006. Her visitor visa is expired a year. Is there anyway we can get a green card for her?

The short and quick answer would be yes. However, a US citizen wanting to marry an illegal alien should be aware of the inherent risk that the illegal alien may be placed in removal proceedings and may or may not be eligible for relief from deportation, depending on the specific facts of his or her case. Sometimes, even the fact that an illegal alien is married to a US citizen does not make a difference if the immigration service is seeking to deport the illegal alien.

Since she has overstayed her visa for over a year plus working without authorization, I would recommend consulting experienced immigration attorney...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

USA green card [ 1 Answers ]

I am U.S. Green Card holder. If I travel out of USA to my parent country, How long I can be out of USA and within how I should enter to USA.

F-1 to Green Card [ 2 Answers ]

I'm studying my MBA with the F-1 Visa status in the US. Is it possible for a US established company to hire me changing my status to a permanent resident (green card)? I already finished another academic Masters of Arts in the US. I'm still working on my MBA. Thank you!

Green Card [ 1 Answers ]

I have applied for my renewal green card 10 years exp 11/13/06. I have not rec'd it yet but will travel outside country and return 11/10/06 3 days before exp date. My passport up to date. Is this OK?

View more questions Search