Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spinphoto Posts: 125, Reputation: 7

Aug 21, 2008, 05:08 PM
    Driving test tips
    Can someone give me the secret to backing up in to a parking lot space between two cars? (not parallel.. )

Thanks ;)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2008, 08:38 PM
    There really isn't a "secret", but rather can you answer yes to "Can you control your car in reverse"? I'd practice controlling the car in reverse, first.
    Pick a parking lot, try to back up as straight as you can.

Then, the problem becomes a series of judgements:
    1) Your vehicle size relative to the space
    2) Know driver's side space because that's what you can control.
    3) Be aware of passenger side space (indirectly control).

Driveway backing you can get away with opening the door and looking down, but it won't work on an exam.

You also need to judge the end of the vehicle when backing up.
    spinphoto Posts: 125, Reputation: 7

Aug 26, 2008, 06:26 PM
    I passed with flying colours, I was just worried they would have be back in a space in a packed parking lots..

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freee truck driving training for felon but very clean driving record? [ 22 Answers ]

I would love to drive semi's local or cross country, but I do not have the job training or the finances for driving school. Can someone please help me ? Thank you Oscar

Need tips for the Road Test. [ 9 Answers ]

I have problems relaxing. I'm getting my road test tomorrow in Kitchener (a city notorious for its terrible roads), and I'm extremely nervous. When I get nervous, I shake, twitch, and piss my pants - metaphorically speaking, that is (*ahem*). I took the road test before, but it was a long time ago...

EtG test (80 hour Alcohol test) - Drink Friday will it be there on Tuesday/Wednesday? [ 21 Answers ]

I drank a few pitchers and a couple shots on Friday. I will either have to test on Tuesday or Wednesday. Wednesday is a must, but I could get called for random on Tuesday!? :confused: :eek:

Driving Test [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya all, How you doing? Hope you are all well. Not quite sure were this question would fit, this seemed like the best place... ... I have booked my car driving test - its in 4wks and I'm having trouble with one of the maneovres 'left reversing around a corner'. Does anyone know of any good...

View more questions Search