Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eagle13 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2006, 05:36 AM
    XP Security Center
    I run avg anti virus and xp in my security centre it says no anit virus found but avg is running fine all updates are done what is the problem
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2006, 05:39 AM
    What is the symptom that tells you you have a problem?

Apr 24, 2006, 05:41 AM
    Security centre is telling me no anti virus is working and in is not picking up my avg fire wall it is using windows one
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2006, 06:09 AM
    If you know avg is running, then ignore the xp Security Center Warning. When you get that warning, don't you have the option to ignore it in the future?

Apr 24, 2006, 06:14 AM
    I do but why is it doing this and also it is not picking up the avg friewall it is only picking up the windows on is there any way of linking avg to the security centre
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2006, 06:29 AM
    Hi,
    Here is a link with full explanation on the Security Center, supplied with SP2.
    http://www.tweakhound.com/xp/securitycenter/index.htm

Some advise turning off the Windows' Firewall, if you have another one.
    The above link tells, step-by-step, how to turn if off if you wish. You can also check your computers' settings with the steps given, with pictures.
    Best wishes.

Apr 24, 2006, 07:54 PM
    I turn of the fire wall and security centre says not fire wall can be found but avg says all systems are running fine what can I do to get security centre to pick up avg
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Apr 24, 2006, 08:20 PM
    What you need to do is disable the security warning message from XP. XP does not recognize AVG. I use AVG as well and it is annoying that XP doesn't recognize it. It doesn't mean that AVG isn't doing its job.

So to disable the security warnings from XP do the following:

1. Control Panel
    2. Security Center
    3. Click: Change the way Security Center alerts me
    4. Uncheck: Virus Protection
    5. Click OK

Casey

Apr 24, 2006, 09:00 PM
    But does security centre find yor firewall my friend runs avg his is fine
    chwanng Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 07:03 PM
    check your XP system environment variable if this entry is there:
    PATH=%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoo t%\System32\Wbem;<and other entries separated by semi-colon ";">

I can't remember where I found it but it works for me. The responsible path is "SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem"

Steps:
    -------
    Start -> Control Panel -> System [shortcut: Window key+Pause/Break]
    Click "Advanced" tab
    Click "Environment Variables" at the bottom
    "Envronment Variables" dialog, at the bottom list, there should be an entry with
    "PATH" variable,
    and
    "Value"=%SystemRoot%\system32; %SystemRoot%; %SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;

IMPORTANT: DO NOT remove whatever that is already there, just add the missing path(s)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Center Transformer burned [ 7 Answers ]

My fan center transformer failed, I replaced it with a new one, and it has failed too. It seems the transformer burns out when the thermostat is moved to the cool setting. There must be a short in the low voltage wiring, however I'm unsure of what I should see across the different L.V. wires...

2D Rotation about center of mass [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Everyone! I've posted this question on both the physics and math sites, but I'm hoping that by fishing in all three that I might get an answer sooner! With that in mind... I'm trying to figure out how to calculate the resultant polar coordinates of a triangle following the triangle's...

Security Center Virus [ 7 Answers ]

Whenever I open my IE, the http://www.syssecuritysite.com/ website opens and says.. WARNING! YOUR SYSTEM IS VULNERABLE TO HACKERS' ATTACKS AND BREAKDOWNS! Following is the process that my system has. I've MCAffe, AVG and AD-Aware, all updated but none of them worked out. Please tell me how...

View more questions Search