Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steve009 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Aug 20, 2008, 11:21 AM
    Unethical dhs case
    :mad: My case began when my exwife went down to the Oklahoma DHS and filed against me for non support of my daughter. I then ask for a court date in writing. Before I got a court hearing the OKDHS seized my income tax return. My new wife filed an injured spouse form and got 1/2 back. I had my hearing and brought proof of payment and was granted credit for the amount of $3864.35. It has now been one month since the judge ruled on my case and I am still chasing the DHS for the return of my stolen tax return. I have been ignored and lied to by several agency workers. What, if anything, can be done about this? I need to know if I even have a case against this agency. Also, why is nothing going to be done to my horrible ex for lying on affidavits and also at the hearing? What happened to purgery?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 20, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Perjury is a criminal charge. If you can prove it, then go to your county prosecutor and ask that she be charged.

As for getting your money back, I would contact your local state representative or the media to see if you can force some action.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Did the judge tell you that you would be getting your money back or was the extra money just credited to what you paid in support?

Aug 20, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stinawords
    Did the judge tell you that you would be getting your money back or was the extra money just credited to what you paid in support?

It has been decided that I am to receive a refund because this was not an over-payment. They basically intercepted my tax refund and stimulus before even investigating the allegations. It is quoted in the court documents that her testimony is considered less than credible. Can you tell me why she is not in trouble for this? It is an administrative court.

Aug 20, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Perjury is a criminal charge. If you can prove it, then go to your county prosecutor and ask that she be charged.

As for getting your money back, I would contact your local state representative or the media to see if you can force some action.

Thx for your help. It is in black and white in my copy of the judges ruling that because she recalled receiving some of the checks during the hearing the court considers her testimony less than credible. I do not understand why this administrative court does not punish people for lying and wasting valuable state resources. :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 20, 2008, 05:14 PM
    Because this is Family Court. In some Family courts witnesses are not even sworn in. But family Court can't investigate or prosecute a perjury action, tjhat's a criminal case. You would have to get a DA or prosecutor to do so. And perjury cases are rarely prosecuted.

Also, a judge questioning credibility is not proof of perjury.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Illegal or just unethical [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Lacey, Wa. I am on Sec. 8. The mobile home I was scheduled: to get inspected and move into today was sold by the owner this weekend. I have a intent to lease from him by his setting up an inspection by the housing auth. And him telling me I could move in today. I had all the utilities...

Unethical lawyer [ 1 Answers ]

excon, I settled the case may 18th. And my lawyer has been my only contact, as the company is in Florida. He said 2nd week of June then third then end of month or shortly thereafter, then he hasn't heard anything as of 07/06/2007. He just doesn't sound right on the phone gut feeling. That's why...

Unethical realestate contract [ 10 Answers ]

My wife and I are in the process of selling out home. Our home has been on the market for about a month and a half. Monday of last week our realitor brought us a contingency contract from a prospective buyer. Our realitor said the buyer is in the process of selling their home and an offer for...

Unethical or Illegal? [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently terminated from employment. I have my immediate supervisor that tells me I violated policy and therefore am being terminated. I contested the violations to him and he admitted that the violations were without merit 'to him'. I have a witness to this discussion. An employee of...

Unethical? [ 3 Answers ]

Is this ethical? It seems to me that if something is illegal, and it would violate Forum Rules to post links in reference to it, then ANY help in finding such tools would be unethical. Anyone else? Scott<>

View more questions Search