Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yme Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 08:36 PM
    Do I have a chance for custody
    My wife and I are going to get a divorce soon but both of us want custody of the kids. We both have kids from previous relationships. I have custody of mine and the father of her child has been in jail throughout the relationship so I am the only father the child knows. Our children are ages 10,9,5,and 4 years of age. The two youngest are going to be in question regarding custody. I am pretty much the primary care giver of the children. We all live together but my wife is either always on the phone or the internet. We both work second shift but I sometimes work a little later as I am also the breadwinner. No matter what time I get of from work I wake up in the morning to take the oldest two to school and then come back home to tend to the needs of the little ones while the whole time my wife sleeps. I feed them in the morning and get them dressed while sometimes only having three to four hours of sleep. I also take them when I go grocery shopping for the house. They ride with me to my grandmothers house every Sunday afternoon for dinner and my wife never comes. On Sunday mornings my mother will take the kids to church but sometimes my daughter and I stay home to make sure the kids clothes are washed and ready for school the next week while the whole time my wife is either asleep or on the phone cause she pretty much stays in our room. I take the kids out for recreational activities and appointments. I spend much more time with them than she does and everyone sees it but will the court see it enough to grant me custody of the kids. I just want the best for my children. I don't want to be a dad outside of the home when I do so much for them now. I live in SC. I also just finished their school shopping and she was not around. Next week she plans to take a trip out of town for ten days by herself. Earlier this year she blew her tax money on rims and an alarm system for her car while ignoring the needs of the kids. When she got her stimulus check she did the same thing and took a trip to her home state to see her brother but I felt as if the kids needs should have come first. Am I wrong for wanting custody of my kids in the divorce?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2008, 08:59 PM
    You need to go to family court and apply for primary custody. Then at your day in court tell the Judge ALL your concerns and how you are the one that takes care of them. Then if he does grant her primary custody then you need to document everything she does and doesn't do that concerns you. Her missing doctor appointments for the kids, the kids missing or late for school, her not following visitation orders for your seeing the kids, etc... Then you go back to court when you think you have enough to have them taken off her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Give her a chance or take custody [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 21 year old daughter who has a 2 year old daughter. The 2 year old grand daughter has lived in my home since she was born. My daughter also resided here until six months ago. I have continued to raise the grand daughter. This included providing all necessities including child care. The...

Custody, Do I have a chance? [ 3 Answers ]

Im a consistently employed black man with a salary of just under 40k a year. My wife is hispanic and has lost focus on our kids and our marriage she goes out every weekend for the last 8 weeks dancing but even before clubbing I was telling her that she is not the Mother she was with our kids as she...

Do I stand a chance at getting custody of my son? [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I are getting divorced and our only disagreement is the custody of our son. I cannot hardly stand to be away from him for more than a day and she has suggested that we agree on joint custody with him seeing me only 5 days a month. I believe she truly loves him and wants what is best...

Do I have a good chance at getting sole custody [ 3 Answers ]

I had a baby almost 4 months ago and the father of my baby beat me up when I was 3 months pregnant I landed up in the hospital due to severe pain and horrible bruises I had almost lost my baby . I pressed charges . When my baby was bron he wanted a perternity test and I gave him one and the baby...

Do we have a good chance at getting full custody? [ 9 Answers ]

Here is the situation. His ex filed for divorce 2 years ago. They agreed to have joint custody with her being the primary residence parent. I have kept a calendar for the past year ever since the divorce was finalized. She has turned lesbian and is now living with her mother. The youngest child...

View more questions Search