Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vmsccc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Installation of a gas cooktop over a gas oven
    I want to install a gas cooktop over a built-in gas oven in a under the counter cabinet.. I understand that this configuration is not normally done.. (installation is normally a gas cooktop with an electric built-in oven combination)...
    Is there a code specification that I must follow for this installation, or this can't be done and why.
    rtw_travel Posts: 347, Reputation: 36

Aug 18, 2008, 12:02 PM
    I don't think there is any code reason why you can't do this: both units should be designed so that anything can be installed near them. Check space limitations though - compare the depth of the cooktop plus the height of the oven plus the height of the kick to the total height of the lower cabinets.

Why not buy a combined gas cooktop/ oven? We got a 36" Wolf all-gas unit for our current kitchen and are extremely pleased with it. Link to Wolf 36" all-gas There must be other manufacturers of similar products too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I open my oven my locked oven door [ 3 Answers ]

How can I open my locked oven door?

I need to run a gas line to a new cooktop. [ 3 Answers ]

I am remodeling my kitchen and I used to have an electric range and now I have a gas cooktop and a double oven (the oven is electric). I have gas to the water heater, but nowhere else in the house. Just need to know if there is specific type if line to use and if there are codes as to where it has...

Single 40 amp circuit, cooktop requires 40amps and Oven 30amps [ 4 Answers ]

I am replacing an electric cooktop and oven. The original cooktop and oven were connected to one 40 amp circuit. The replacement cooktop is calling for a 40 amp circuit and the oven is calling for 30 amps. Can I install both on a the 40 amp circuit?

Gas cooktop [ 1 Answers ]

Who invented the gas cooktop and in what year?

Electric cooktop installation [ 4 Answers ]

I have a older GE cook top I would like to replace. The wiring has a red, black and white. The new cooktop has black, red and a bare copper wire. The instructions state that the appliance is a 240 volt unit and to connect to a 3 wire 120/240 volt power supply. The neutral, I assume white, is...

View more questions Search