Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fgsportcraft Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 08:19 PM
    Split ac system
    Hi, I Have A Split System Ac, And My Unit Outside Just Clicks When The Inside Blower Comes On, I Am Not Getting Any Compressor Or Fan Action. I Have Verified Power At The Unit. I Have Already Replaced The Contactor,the Capacitor,the Thermostat. Sometimes It Will Come On And Work Fine But When It Cools The House Down And Shuts Off,it Usually Does Not Come Back On When The Inside Blower Restarts,it Just Clicks Outside
    Thanks, Any Help Apreciated
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2008, 08:36 PM
    If you know you have 230 volts on the load side of the contactor for sure. I would say you have a condenser fan motor over heating or not starting and causing the compressor to overheat and quit. The thermal overload will keep any motor from running when its over heated.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2008, 08:42 PM
    The small tstat wires that run from the furnace/airhandler to the contacter in your condenser unit, are the intact from one end to the other? Could it be that one of the wires is broken -cut-or chewed almost into and by chance making some connection at times and not at others? When its not working,check with a meter where the tstat wire connect to the contacter and see if you have low voltage(24V)at the contacter

Aug 16, 2008, 08:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wmproop
    the small tstat wires that run from the furnace/airhandler to the contacter in your condenser unit,,are the intact from one end to the other? could it be that one of the wires is broken -cut-or chewed almost into and by chance making some connection at times and not at others? when its not working,check with a meter where the tstat wire connect to the contacter and see if you have low voltage(24V)at the contacter
    Do you think it could be the circuit board in the condenser unit?
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2008, 09:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fgsportcraft
    do you think it could be the circuit board in the condensor unit?

Circuit bd. In condenser unit,, do you have a heat pump? I didn`t see that in your first post. It do make a difference.

Aug 16, 2008, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wmproop
    circuit bd. in condenser unit,,,,,,,,,,,,,do you have a heat pump? I didn`t see that in your first post. It do make a differance.
    No it is not a heat pump,the heat is inside under the blower, but there is a small circuit board in the top that two wires come off , 1 red 1 yellow
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2008, 09:34 PM
    OK,, continue on, check out the last couple of things to look for and let us know if you find anything

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Split unit system [ 2 Answers ]

How is the split unit of a/c system work,whai is the component of the split unit and what is the troubleshooting of this unit

Split system a/c fan capacitor wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Armstrong split system AC unit and the fan capacitor that a technician installed only Blows air on a very low setting. I have a replacement capacitor but I am not sure of where to Connect the wires. On the existing capacitor it appears that he taped 2 capacitors together and wired them...

York Split-System Won't Blow Hot? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys, I've got an electric 2005 York Heat Pump/AC split system that won't blow hot. All winter long I've avoided using the heat, now that I need to turn it up the kids are crying that it blows cold air. Pulled the '05 electronic thermostat off the wall to reset it, then turned the temp to 72 and...

New wiring of heatpump split system [ 2 Answers ]

My house trailer has only electric heat. I have added the "A" coil and heatpump. I have replacaed the two wire thermostate cable with a five wire cable. One goes from the thermostate to the furnace the other goes from furnace to the outside unit. I'm using the two heaters as the aux heat. I have...

View more questions Search