Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stanford Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 10:00 AM
    Kenmore ice maker won't work
    I have a kenmore refrigerator about 1-2 years old. My ice maker quit working. I changed the filter because it said replace. That didn't help. The red light is flashing by the on/off switch. I have water still coming from the door. What's wrong?
    meagank Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Aug 16, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Well the red light is flashing because you need to ree set the water fitler light that is the ree set button . Not for the ice maker not working .have you checked to see if there is any ice stuck up inside of it .of the ice maker .or any other areas of the ice maker .if there is ice stuck in it no ice will be able to come out .or be made. And if this is not the problem and it is a year or less old you should be able to call the company and they will send out a tec for free. And fix it for free .and it is over a year old do you have a extended warenty. If you do I would call them. And they would also do the same thing for free .if you don't then you would need to call a tec or call the company and have them send out a tec .wich usuley cost around 70.00 for the trip charge if this is a sears brand it will usuley be A@E factory service. And it also could be higher depending on your area. But this is there starting rate just to come out to look at it and let you know what is wrong with it. And then you have parts and labor on top of that .wich they would need to order and have sent to your home wich takes at least 1 too 2 weeks. Wich all in all would probley in the long run cost you more then a new ice maker and put it in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Refrigerator ice maker doesn't work [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Refrigerator side by side and the ice maker just stop working. I can still get cold water from the water dispenser. Can you help me? BL

Kenmore 106.626663 ice maker won't work? [ 10 Answers ]

No water goes into the ice maker. Replaced water valve to no avail. Red LED light does work. Fill tube isn't frozen. HELP! Thanks

Kenmore Refrigerator ice maker does not work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Coldspot, 2 year old, the ice maker does not work. I have checked the solenoid valve and it works, I have changed the module and still does not work, there is no obstruction in the tubes. It seems that the module is not receiving power. Is there a board to check this?. perhaps you...

Kenmore Ice Maker Doesn't Work [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Kenmore refrigerator with an ice maker in the freezer. It was owned by the previous house hold owner and has worked well. The freezer compartment has been overly full, not allowing good circulation. The wire for the ice maker was in a middle position, neither on nor off. We are having...

Kenmore he4 panel won't work and dryer won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have had the circuit board/panel replaced once on my he4. I had only 2 weeks left on the warranty and figured it should be OK once it was fixed. They wanted another $200 to renew the warranty! Didn't have the $$ at the time. Anyway, the same darn thing is happening... you have to push the buttons...

View more questions Search