Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iDish Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Aug 15, 2008, 03:31 PM
    Do men care about bodies after going steady?
    I dress in ways that flatter my figure. Flowing shirts. Certain jeans. You know, clothes that flatter the figure God gave me. But what about when your naked? First off, what if the guy isn't prepared for my body type? I can look really curvy in clothes, but out of them you see every imperfection. I don't want my guy to think "Wow. I didn't realize that she had cellulite. And she's got a roll on her back. I never noticed. She doesn't look as good as I thought she would." Just because you are going steady with someone doesn't mean they love you enough to accept you as-is yet. I just don't want to scare a guy away when he sees that I don't look as good naked as I do with clothes on. And I don't want him to be 'expecting' something that isn't there (like great skin and good curves). But I may be all wrong about it. Guys, do you care about the girls body once you start to go steady with her? I just want to know if I should really get into shape before shedding my clothes for my boyfriend... once I get one anyway.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2008, 03:36 PM
    If the guy you decide to date, is only concerned about how you look with your clothes off, then you kick him to the curb and find a decent guy!

One who will love and accept you as you are.

I think you are worrying too much about this.

Spend more time investigating the qualities in the guy that YOU want, how he treats you at first, will give you some pretty good signals.

Also, you women have that lucky instinct called women's intuition, it is strong so trust your gut ,and I believe you will choose wisely.

If you see, or sense signs that make you uncomfortable, forget about how "hot" he is, and keep looking.
    iDish Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Aug 15, 2008, 03:38 PM
    I guess that answers been in the back of my mind all along. I guess I'm just feeling a bit self conscious now that I'm heading back to school in the fall and am going to put some real effort into finding a boyfriend.
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Aug 15, 2008, 06:04 PM
    You are your worst critic. I have been with my husband for 7 years and still worry about what he's going to think when I take my clothes off. He has never been dis-satisfied. He loves every inch of me and he says my perfections make me who I am. If this person truly loves you, they won't even notice this so-called roll on your back. He will be so happy that you are his, that he won't care about anything else. So what is you're not perfect, that's what makes you special.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2008, 08:55 PM
    Here's a thought for you... if you are already going "steady" he has an idea of how you look. You can get an idea of the rest of the covered body by the face and arms and feet even. If you are worried about what you look like naked then wait until you have dated the guy for a long time before getting naked so that you know he wants you not your body. If he isn't embarrassed to be seen in public with you then he wouldn't be ashamed to be naked with you either.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 16, 2008, 12:17 AM
    If you're at the point of taking clothes off, and you're worried about whether you're perfect, you have bigger issues than what he thinks of you.

YOU should be happy with your body, and with yourself. If YOU don't get all self-conscious and stand proud--there won't be a problem.

And any guy that's looking more at your body than at your heart isn't worth it anyway. I went from 120 lbs to 180 lbs in the 12 years I've been with my husband --and no pregnancies in there--and he STILL thinks I'm the hottest woman he's ever seen, and is STILL incredibly turned on by my body, even though it's not "perfect".

Don't let the media and society tell you how you have to look. You just need to be healthy, and have great self-esteem, and confidence---and those three things will make 90% of the men you meet intrigued, interested, and at least a little turned on by you.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2008, 06:57 AM
    From your other threads, which have since been locked due to attitude and inconsistent stories...

Quote Originally Posted by iDish
    But you're telling me to date around. How can I date around when I see all of these flaws that bother me so?

How do you decide what flaws to overlook in a man once you meet him? For example, if I met a guy and I noticed that he didn't dress very well (i.e pants not at his waist, shirt hanging out, shoes untied) I wouldn't really give him a chance. But am I jumping too quick to conclusions? All of those features p!ss me off... I also don't like sloppy fat. It's a sign that he doesn't take care of himself. It's one thing to be a bit big and slightly toned to show that you at least try to take care of yourself. It's another when you're all flabby and jiggly and unhealthy looking. Because I don't want a man who doesn't take care of himself.

I have a fetish that I don't really know how to address... But I'm just not attracted to the type of guy that the rest of the world sees as attractive. I hate young. I hate athletic builds. I hate 6 packs. I hate short men. I hate full heads of hair. I hate thin and I HATE circumcision (It just looks unnatural). I'm just not attracted to men with those features. I like older men. mid 40's to mid 50's. Beer bellies. Receding hairlines. Thick arms and legs. Perverted men. Men with body hair. Thick necks. Small penises (they look better to me). I see THEM as sexy. And I just don't know how to be normal like my friends.
    Try picking one story and sticking to it.

And I'd advise anyone who intends to chime in on this thread to look at the treatment she has gived others on other threads.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 16, 2008, 08:08 AM
    Thread closed as per post above

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Overflow running steady [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a kerr furnace, uses oil but heats hot water and sends it throughout The house. It has a pipe that goes to the sump pump hole but it seems to be running steady with hot water, enough that steam is gathering in the air. Is this normal something I can do? While trying to Google and find...

Celing fan not steady [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay celing fan that is about 1 year old. It has started to rock and make noise. I can't figure out how to get it apart to tighten the bracket that holds it to the celing. HELP!

Load light steady PC won't boot [ 7 Answers ]

1. Replaced the power supply. Have power to both fans now. 2. MOBO light is on steady. Red. 3. Power button light on front panel is not lit (to indicate power is on.) 4. Load light is lit. Does not blink off and on to indicate that it is searching/loading. I hear no beeps. I hear no...

View more questions Search