Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stressed_one Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2008, 09:35 AM
    Brownish Discharge and late period
    My period is currently 3 days late and instead I have had only a slight amount of Brownish red discharge. I have been very careful about taking my birth control on time daily, but earlier this month in a panic I took another dose of my birth control at the time thinking that I had forgotten to take it. Later looking at my pack I realized that I was wrong and accidentally took two in one day. I wonder if this has anything to do with this. Another issue is a red rash that came up out of nowhere, probably from irritation from where a pad expecting my period but I do not know. I am a college student and just started a stressful summer school schedule, along with my two jobs that I have, often all on the same day, and a new kitten to cause stress. It has happened before that I have missed two periods but had negative pregnancy tests, but were missing them most likely due to stress. I hate not knowing what is wrong with my body and the terror of thinking that I might be pregnant due to me being in school, and just not ready in general. I have been with the same boyfriend for a year now, and I know that he hasn't been with anyone else as well. I have searched online and have gotten mixed results, so if anyone has a hint of comfort please share. It may be just due to stress, but who knows, and if I don't have to worry about it maybe my body will fix itself without doubt. Any thoughts? Anything...
    cottoncandy Posts: 29, Reputation: 0

Aug 14, 2008, 10:15 AM
    I have had irregular pd. And occaisional brownish discharge most of my adult life and no other problems, it's just menstrual blood that is taking longer than normal to come out and so looks brownish instead of bright red and fresh. You might have only one overy in perfect working order or this is a side effect of the birth control, I don't know for sure I have never taken the PILL (I'm Catholic) Also I seem to have it more pronounced when I've accidentally eaten something with Nutrasweet sugar substitute in it. Anyway like I said I'm OK and 40 years old now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brownish red Discharge after a late period [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am an 18 year old female and me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex for a while because the condoms don't fit him properly(they are way too tight) I was over a week late for my period, and then I got it. When I got it it was very light and lasted for about 6 days. A day after I...

Brownish Discharge 1 week before period [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I was wonderig if anybody can help me. For the last two months I've been having a brownish discharge about a week before my period and don't know why this occurs. I got of the pill last October and was spotting a bit after it, but then it stopped around January so I don't think that's...

Irregular period and brownish discharge [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on the because pills and later changed to the patches. However, the whole reason of getting on because pills was to make my menstruations regular. I have been off the patches for some time now, and My husband and I are trying to conceive.Well, I haven't had a period for 6 or more...

Late period, brownish blood/discharge [ 1 Answers ]

My period is about 3 days late and today I started to get some brownish discharge or blood it kind of looks like the end of my period. I'm not sure what going on. Does anyone know?

View more questions Search