Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aldaine Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 08:24 PM
    He wants to court me
    Someone wants to court me, and I really really like him.. should I say yes? But I'm not sure if he is serious.. I don't want to get hurt!
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2008, 08:27 PM
    How long do you know him and this semi-courting going on?
    chakarnis Posts: 55, Reputation: 0

Aug 12, 2008, 08:58 PM
    That's what courting is all about. Take this time to find out about him. Check him out before you become intimate, start loaning him money, start co-signing for him or letting him drive your car. Those are his problems - not yours. Besides, hat is for married people. Take your time. This way you won't end up on Judge Judy.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 15, 2008, 08:29 AM
    You can't date people as long as you're seriously waving the "I don't want to get hurt" flag around. That's a non-starter.

Dating is painful. Getting close to another person means putting your heart and thoughts and needs up against theirs and feeling the differences. That's a painful process.

You will date many people and will break up with all of them for one reason or another... except the last guy. Probably #5 or #6. It takes a lot of dating and learning and pain to get to #6.

So, date this guy if you want, but you cannot protect yourself much in the process. What's going to happen is what's going to happen.

I say dive in, enjoy the process, enjoy the ride. When it ends, make sure you learned all you could, then dive in again with the next guy.

Live your life unafraid of pain. Pain means you're alive and moving.
    chakarnis Posts: 55, Reputation: 0

Aug 15, 2008, 09:24 AM
    Getting hurt is not a rule of dating. That is not why people do it. Nobody wants to get hurt, it's true but if you approach anything with any intelligence as opposed to wearing your heart on your sleeve, then it can be very cool. It is a chance to get to know someone to determine if being with this person is what you want. I say take it one step at a time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received court summons in my door and have 2 weeks to court date [ 9 Answers ]

I received a summons on my door for a $5,000 debt to american express. Lawyer office is about 1 1/2 from my home... I am willing to pay the debt, do I have to show up for court? I am going to be out of town and won't be around on the court date... can I call the attorney's office and settle the...

Texas supreme court and court of criminals [ 2 Answers ]

How are our Texas Supreme Court and Texas Court of Criminal Appeals selected

What do you do when the court ordered supevisor does not follow court order? [ 8 Answers ]

My children have been having supervised visits every other weekend on sat for one hour. This started in late August. The judge granted supervised visit's for the father every fri night and sat afternoon for one hour each. The father said he only wanted every other weekend to the supervisor, so...

Debt Court Summons -- If I pay in full, can I avoid court? [ 5 Answers ]

I realize a lot of people post questions regarding debt summons and I've scrolled through the boards but I haven't found a clear answer to a few of my queries. Here's what happened: I was today presented (they slid it under my door) with a summons to appear in court. I'm being sued by Capital One...

Court ordered Mediation vs Court Trial [ 4 Answers ]

Hello again, I'm going into a mediation next month concerning a past credit card debt that I am being sued for. I plan on using the SOL defense as the date of last activity falls past the statute date. Anyhow, I was wondering what the difference between a Court ordered mediation and a normal...

View more questions Search