Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marc306 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 04:47 PM
    Rights Violated?
    Hey guys, well it was my dad's 50th birthday party last week yeah, and my uncle brought his new girlfriend over. She works as a receptionist for my medical clinic, where id go for condoms, morning after pill with my girlfriend, the pill and other sexuall medical needs etc, now I remember signing documents etc but I cannot remember if I signed a confidentialty one, but this is a medical clinic, surely its confidential. Well anyway at the party after a few drinks etc and everyone getting drunk she starts telling everyone of how me and girlfriend did this and we were in gettinging checked up etc etc, to say the least I was furious, annoyed and upset that this info was available to a receptionist, I thought only my nurse and doctor was able to view it.

Well anyway guys, this has annoyed me, and id like to know what I can do about it, I don't need a claim, but hey if its possible why not. But I def want her sacked! Is this possible or should I just forget it?

So you know, I'm in northern ireland, not sure if the law is def here than other places!

Thanks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 12, 2008, 04:51 PM
    There are usually 75 sets of eyes on medical records at any time of the day.

Now, I don't know about Ireland, but if you were here in the US, she violated HIPAA laws. Basically the laws of privacy. She should be reprimanded and/or canned.

Call the clinic, ask to speak to the supervisor and report your claim.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation rights violated? [ 4 Answers ]

:( I was wondering about my fiance's rights. He got a drunk driving and is in jail. The judge issued a 200.00 signature bond. All good but then his probation officer stepped in and held him. Ok, fine. The only thing is, he wanted to revoke himself and get the paperwork done so as not having to...

4th amendment rights violated. [ 25 Answers ]

Today, I receive a call from my wife she was crying. Apparently, she rear-ended a Yonkers Police Car. There was a car that stop short in front of the squad car and she hit him and the 3rd car hit her. She went out of car to see if there was any damage. There wasn’t any damage to any of the cars...

Patient Rights Violated [ 6 Answers ]

I am permanently disabled due to severe and chronic migraines. I went to an ER in Indiana twice in one day. Each time I begged the ER doctors to please contact my PCP in California. Both times I was refused and told that they would take care of me. I am allergic to morphine and normally receive...

HIPAA rights violated? [ 24 Answers ]

My employer disclosed two drug test results of mine to local law enforcement. They were negative for drugs by the way. I never gave consent, verbal or signed to do so. In fact they never told my they were going to do this. I learned after the fact. Have my rights been violated?

Patient Rights Violated What can I do [ 11 Answers ]

ABout a month ago I was admitted to ER room, in which I was restrained/secluded illegally, I know I was after researching and being in the medical field myself, I filed a complaint against the hospital, The state investigated my concerns and found that the hospital in fact was in violation to...

View more questions Search