Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    20anonymous08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Aug 12, 2008, 07:20 AM
    Really Need Assistance ~~ 2 ques.
    Well I got to explain the situation and the first question is... I was 'signed to a local label which is run by a friend of mine. We became friends after he asked me to record a couple of songs with him. So a few months after we were working together he started getting me shows with him performing the songs we did together... and he called me and said I want to sign you... I will pay for your album and promotion and everything. I am also a model for his clothing line. That was about 3 or 4 months ago and he said he was having a contract done but it hasn't 'shown' up yet. Also I haven't been in the studio with him in about that same amount of time. He gave me one beat so far to work with.. which I finished in 1 day and I am waiting to get in the studio. So last night I went to a studio to re-do a track I had done a long time ago and the guy there also has a label but he manages 'big' acts... artists that have already been in the game so long. He asked me to do a show for him in 2 weeks and even talked about signing me... What should I do? I am just 'guilty' by nature. But this other guy can give me huge opportunities like shows in front of crowds from 1000 up to 63000! The shows I have done so far had less then 500. What is the right thing to do? I don't want to mess up my relationship with my friend but what honestly can I do?

Also, the 2nd question is that when I was at the studio last night my fiancée kept calling me... I don't know what to do with him. Even the producer said the last female he had signed to his label left the label because of her boyfriend getting jealous and in the way. He was even brutally honest saying that my music career just may ruin my engagement. I love my fiancée with all my heart but music is my life. I hate to say I would leave him for my music but the thought has crossed my mind. I told him when we first got together that music will always come first and he has to accept that. But I wasn't doing nearly as much as I am doing now back 5 years ago. And we now have a 2 year old daughter. I hate to be in this situation. Would it be wrong to give him an ultimatum? I don't want to lose him but I am not giving up my music career for anyone! I knew another girl here in my hometown that had a 10$ million dollar contract on the table with Def Jam and she gave it up for her boyfriend. I don't want that to be me. If I was to be single again I wouldn't want another boyfriend I need to really focus now. I guess a way to put it is I want my cake and be able to eat it too, in regards to wanting to stay with my fiancée and being able to work on my music with no restraints. The producer even asked me if my fiancée would be cool with me going with him to shows like in Denver and so on. But no he wouldn't he would want to come and I don't know if that's an option because the producer would be paying my way. I am going to sit down with my fiancée tonight but I wanted to talk to someone else about this first. I don't want to hurt him but he is hurting me by standing in my way you know. Can I just tell this is the way it has to be and there are no options... The ball is in his court whether he wants to accept me being gone frequently or if he would rather be with out me... HELP PLEASE!!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 12, 2008, 07:31 AM
    For your first question, Since you had a verbal agreement with the first guy, I would give him right of first refusal. Tell him you got another offer, but since you had made a commitment to him, you were letting him know. If he doesn't come up with a contract in x days, then you will have to take this new offer.

For your 2nd question please repost it in the Relationships forum where it belongs.
    jarms83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 07:36 AM
    I have been in music for 13 years now and if I only learned one thing, trust no one except you. And oppurtunities are fly bys most of the time. And last it is a dog eat dog game so eat or be eatting! {advertising web site removed} I wish you the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ejector pump additional ques. [ 1 Answers ]

I read the post from Wesryan (basement ejector pump). It answered most of what I needed to know, though I still have some questions. I have a split level house built in 1966. The crawl space was dug out and the laundry tub was placed down there. The contractor installed the ejector pump in the...

Another ques to ask about my tattoo [ 2 Answers ]

I had wrote a question yesterday but I have another one... about my tattoo the artist that did it made me bleed... and he had touched up a tattoo I got about 2 months ago and he made that bleed too. Is that a usual thing to occur during the process? I didn't bleed with my other 2... just when he...

Ques. On Projectile [ 1 Answers ]

A projectile is fired with a velocity of 320 m/s at an angle of 30º to the horizontal. Find : 1. the time to reach its greatest height. 2. its horizontal range With the same velocity, what is the maximum possible range ?

Dependent tax ques. [ 2 Answers ]

How many dependents may I claim , over the amount that actually live in my house and still be able to get a return. Legally

Simple algebra 2 ques! Need by: 1/31/03! Please [ 3 Answers ]

OK here's THE QUESTION.. I bought two books for a total cost of $40. If the first book's price were raised 5% and the second's lowered 5%, the prices would be equal. What was the original price, in dollars, of the cheaper book? I need the aNswer soon! I love you who answers this. Thank you...

View more questions Search