Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lockpick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Removing PL400 glue
    I had a someone put down treads on the stairs.They did one wrong.How to I get PL400 construction glue off.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Aug 11, 2008, 03:05 PM
    Did you try a chisel or 5-in-1? Maybe just tapping it with a hammer and chisel will break it loose. Let us know what you have tried.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Aug 11, 2008, 03:11 PM
    Are you trying to remove the tread that has been glued down? If so, use a hair dryer and warm it up very slowly. The glue warmed glue should allow you to lift the tread off.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 11, 2008, 06:58 PM
    Also try mineral spirits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Crazy Glue [ 3 Answers ]

I fixed a decorative door hanging with crazy glue, and some of the glue stuck to my front door, and now there is a strip of black magnet glued to my white metal door. Does anyone know of something that will remove crazy glue from a metal door, without stripping the paint?

Removing vinyl tile glue [ 3 Answers ]

How do you remove vinyl tile glue from concrete floor

Removing glue from drywall [ 4 Answers ]

NOt just glue, large clumps of glue that were holding up mirrors. I took the mirrors down and now have patches of glue that need to be removed before painting. I would like to remove them without damaging the drywall too much. So far scraping them and using a box cutter has not worked!

Removing glue [ 2 Answers ]

How do I remove the glue on my bathroom floor left from the vinyl floor tiles that I am taking up from my bathroom floor?

View more questions Search