Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ctory Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2006, 09:00 AM
    Presses for coffee Grounds
    What type of press do they use for drying coffee out at the coffee factories
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2006, 07:09 AM
    Googling for the gist of coffee processing gets lots of results... and I find that presses are not the norm for drying out coffee: Seems the common method is laying it out on patios:
    http://www.google.com/search?num=100...22&btnG=Search

Are you reading from a source that speaks of a press being used to dry it?
    ctory Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2006, 07:25 AM
    They tell me that in the Nabisco plant in Ontario that they haul coffee in fron the States. The coffee is 50% fluid. Then they press this coffe with a press. I do not know what kind of press though.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2006, 07:54 AM
    I'm sorry to say I've struck out. If it's a need to know for you, keep googling keywords... and maybe someone will come along here who knows the scoop. Hope you find it!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2006, 02:49 PM
    Give Nabisco a call, they may tell you, or offer tours of their facility.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coffee [ 49 Answers ]

Hello: I don't drink coffee. It has caffeine in it. I am opposed to drug use. I work in a coffee shop. Should I be able to refuse to serve coffee to my customers on moral grounds? excon

Coffee [ 2 Answers ]

Is it true that coffee is fatteing? A friend of mine says that coffee is not fatteing itself but it slows down metabolism and therefore makes u fat. She reckons tea is the opposite (ie. Speeds up metabolism). My other question is this: I don't like the taste of plain milk so I usually put some...

Sharing grounds between circuits. [ 7 Answers ]

My basic problem is that when I roughed in the wiring for the circuit that powers my smoke detectors, somehow I managed to use 14/2 between two of the boxes. Everything else was on 14/3 so I could inter-connect the alarms. Now, the last two aren't connected. So, I thought, why not use the ground...

Neutrals and Grounds in service panel [ 2 Answers ]

I'm wiring everything for my basement in the panel. There are plenty of open spots left. When I look at the existing wiring (for the rest of the house), all the grounds go to the block on the left and all the neutrals go to the block on the right? 1. Is this required? 2. Why or why not? ...

Coffee [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have this question. Is drinking 4 cups of coffee daily bad for your sex.

View more questions Search