Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Taukame Posts: 92, Reputation: 26

Apr 16, 2006, 09:51 AM
    Are you assigned to your sign or are you assigned to it?
    I hope you will understand what I am trying to ask. How are signs assigned? What I want to know is that if your astrological chart says that you will be an unhappy person are you then born into a family that will make that so? For example, in my chart it says that I will have a lot of difficulty making friends as I get older, and that I need a lot of time alone. When I look at my family makeup, it seems that these are the traits that my mother has. So, in that case, I would have no choices or options. So, if it were in my chart to be a melancholy person, no amount of energy on my part would change that.
    I hope this is making sense.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2006, 10:47 AM
    You have always options. YOU make the choices in your life, not some planets' positions. The term you are looking for is "self-fulfilling prophesy" - you know the result and adapt your actions to reach that result. That is not the case, YOU select the direction your life takes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 16, 2006, 10:52 AM
    The readings and signs are so vague, and of course everybody born on one speicific day or month are nothing alike.

But of course they are so vague that they can fint almost everyone.

So what are they, they are merely traits that any and everyone can find in thierself if they think and look.

The people who put way too much importance on "signs" live their life to fullfil them, others make their own choices and way that have nothing to do with their signs.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 16, 2006, 02:19 PM
    To answer your question, your sign is dependent on the date and time of birth.

To agree with what the others have said, Astrology is not a science, it's a form of entertainment. Please do not take it too seriously.
    Carmenn Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 16, 2006, 04:44 PM
    Your sign is just little things about your life.. but you are the person who makes your life.. I believe in astrology and that stuff however if you do not choose to be friendly and make friends then of course it will be hard to make friends and even if your mother has hard time making friends it does not mean that it will be hard for you just do not let your mother not making friends be put in your head that it will be for you...
    Hypatia Posts: 163, Reputation: 27

Apr 19, 2006, 10:55 AM
    the crazy thing about astrology is if you read every sign you will find you reflect parts of each. Within us is the astrological chart in a sense. We embody all signs yet are born under a sun and moon sign etc. Meaning one sign has a tendency to be more outwordly dominant that the others.
    Astrology is a way to gain insight, not gain answers. It is like the tarot. You can take the cards literally or you can use them as a tool to gain insight into your life. Those who take the meanings literaly are misguided, as you are about the astrology. you must use the readings as windows of circumstance in what if. You might have a tendency to live your sign but remember, they are all within you and we have free will. No matter what is written, it can be rewritten.

Hypatia

Taukame Posts: 92, Reputation: 26

Apr 20, 2006, 08:08 AM
    Thank you for your response. The question was not so much about the specifics of a situation but about the generalities. There were also some assupmtions that I made. One, assume that it is all true. Based on that assumption, would it not be safe to assume that if its all based on your time and place of birth, then being more specific in the place of birth would be the family you were born into. That way the qualities that you embody would be better expressed if the circumstances of your family supported them.
    Hypatia Posts: 163, Reputation: 27

Apr 21, 2006, 12:41 AM
    It all relates if you allow it and look hard enough. Who you are born to relates of course, how you were raised, how you view the world, your structure of thinking and its ability to adapt...etc etc. While there are generalities of your sign that might take part strongly, for some this astrological defining of a person is 100% wrong.

I think what make a person is how they view the world and how they raised that inner self. While parents are busy raising the outer child, you have been busy raising the inner child regardless of sign or family. You are who you made yourself, what you let effect and shape your life. There is no chart for that.

Hypatia
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2006, 06:23 PM
    When all of this astro-illlogical stuff was created, they were using a completely different calender than we use today. Just for fun, we adjusted it to our current calender and I found that I was born under the Stop sign!:eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sign on Bonuses [ 1 Answers ]

Our company gives sign on bonuses with the stipulation that the bonus does not have to be repaid if you work the 24 month commitment. The bonus is being written out of accounts payable and wages are not reported until the year of fullfillment. At that time the sign on bonus is "grossed up" for...

Sign of someone being Satanic? [ 20 Answers ]

Okay, this is kind of a weird question, but an interesting one. My family on my Dad’s side are Catholics (my Italian side of the family) and I used to frequently attend the catholic church when I was younger and once in a while I still go (although I am Methodist) and there is an older man that...

Is This An Early Sign? [ 2 Answers ]

This question is for anyone familiar with tracking ovulation via basal body temp, cervical position & cerv. Mucous. I've been tracking my ovulation this way for the past several months, and I've been pretty predictable by all three factors. This month, it's different... I was 'scheduled' to...

Co Sign Trouble [ 8 Answers ]

Several years ago my grandmother was nice enough to co-sign a loan for me a new car. Five years later I'm only 3-4 months away from paying it off, and I've had a couple late payments, but nothing over 30 days. Last October she was asked me to do the same for her. I was reluctant because I was...

View more questions Search