Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    troublemakerman Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Aug 8, 2008, 08:54 AM
    Computer & TV
    My computer is about a year old, it's a Compaq with windows Vista. I get movies from Netflix they also offer movies to play and watch on the computer. My TV is like 4 times the size of my comp. moniter. My question is, can I transfer the movies to my TV, if so what would I need??
    Thank you
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 09:02 AM
    Depending on the available terminals on your compaq, most will allow you to hook up the video with a S-VHS cable.

Only problem is that still leaves the audio from the computer.

I'm sure there is a way to do both, I just don't know what it is, someone else should be along here soon with more help.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 8, 2008, 09:05 AM
    My suggestion would be to get a media extender. This is a device that would connect both to your TV and to your home network. It would allow you to stream media from your computer to your TV.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 09:10 AM
    I believe Prog is referring to the S-Video connector. You could connect an audio-out mini connector cable from your sound card to your TV or sound system.

A better solution would be HDMI if that option is available to you. More here:
    HDMI and Computers
    tf7426 Posts: 282, Reputation: 21

Aug 8, 2008, 04:51 PM
    You can pick up a VGA to SCART/RCA cable for very cheap

Google or search in Amazon or eBay for either VGA to scart cable or Vga to composite cable or Vga to component cable or Vga to s-video cable depending on what inputs you have on your TV... your best bet would be Vga to SCART or component as these are standard but if your TV has svideo or composite in then that would be the best quality... also if your tv's a crt type then the image will more than likely look like e.

For VGA-hdmi I'm guessing you would need a converter box as vga is digital but if your graphics card has DVI port (the white one with loads of holes) which is pretty likely as your computers quite new then DVI to HDMI is possible which will give you even better quality

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer how do I stop limewire setup dialog from popping up on my computer [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me stop limewire setup dialog from popping up on my computer, it always pop up while I am in the middle of something

Computer speakers don't work even when not hooked to a computer! [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older set of Boston Acoustics speakers. There are two speakers and a sub. The power goes into the sub and there is a control out that goes to one speaker and then from that speaker to the other one. On the back of the sub there is a power in, control out, digital in, and analog in, if...

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

View more questions Search