Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Susien70 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 11:22 PM
    Breaker not tripping
    Hi,

My lights in my son's room went out when I turned off a floor lamp, the light bulb made a flash as if it burned out. About one second after I turned off the lamp the lights went out in his neighboring bathroom and his room. The breaker is not tripped but the lights won't turn on there is no GFI's in either room. I tried turning the breaker on and off multiple times. Knowledge from reading other topics on this website about the same problem of the breaker not being tripped.

Any help would be great!
    benaround Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Aug 8, 2008, 12:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Susien70
    Hi,

My lights in my son's room went out when I turned off a floor lamp, the light bulb made a flash as if it burned out. About one second after I turned off the lamp the lights went out in his neighboring bathroom and his room. The breaker is not tripped but the lights won't turn on there is no GFI's in either room. I tried turning the breaker on and off multiple times. Knowledge from reading other topics on this website about the same probelm of the breaker not being tripped.

Any help would be great!
    Susien, Did you see if the lamps are any good in the other locations ? You have reset all

Of the circuit breakers, are you sure there are no GFCI receps anywhere ? They have

Been mandatory for 20-30 years, but if you have done all these things to no availe, call an

Electrician in the morning, you have done all you can. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Treadmill Tripping Breaker [ 21 Answers ]

We just bought a new mid-range treadmill rated for 11 amps. Our house is relatively new (about 2 years) and the electrical was checked for code by a home inspector when we purchased the house. The treadmill manual stated it was required that it be plugged into a single outlet surge suppressor...

Breaker keeps tripping [ 24 Answers ]

I need to figure this out. I have two 15 amp space heaters in my garage and when I turn them both on it throws the breaker. The breaker at box for this is rated at 20amps. I have been told that I can run both on high and won't throw the breaker. I also replaced the old breaker with a new one (same...

Breaker for AC Tripping [ 3 Answers ]

I have a split system & Air Handler. Any idea why the breaker keeps tripping?

Breaker keeps tripping [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 40 amp double pole breaker in my main service panel which feeds a pony box in my attic. A window air conditioner is tripping the 40 amp breaker in the main panel before the 10 amp breaker in the pony box. The 10 amp breaker services two receptacles and one track light. The track light has...

Breaker keeps tripping [ 1 Answers ]

We have recently purchesed a Vits spa from some one. When we did we replaced the heat element . It has worked well for the last 6 weeks but now it it tripping the breaker on the heater. Any suggestions.

View more questions Search