Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danni2123 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2008, 09:27 PM
    Can a blood test be wrong?
    I'm 5 days late and I had a blood test yesterday to see if I'm pregnant. They said the test was negative and I was wondering what the chances where that it was wrong? I just haven't ever been this late before and I'm trying to get pregnant.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 04:11 AM
    They can be wrong if done too early, but rarely would they be if you are already late for your period. Far more common for a period to be off than for a blood test to be wrong at this stage. Give it another week and see if your period is just late. Try another test at that time if need be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative blood test and urine test! [ 11 Answers ]

Hey umm I am 3 and a half months late for my period. And I have taken several home pregnancy test and 1 blood test... all negative.during the 1st month I lost weight and now I have gained weight... just like when I was pregnant with my son. Who is almost 10 months. I've never ever been late...

Could blood pregnancy test be wrong? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am about 5 days late on my period and I am always regular with AF. I have had 2 blood test done about 2 weeks ago which were both negative for medication purposes. Is there a chance that the test could be wrong and I am pregnant now?

Blood test or pregnancy test? [ 3 Answers ]

Is a blood test more accurate to tell if someone is pregnant than a pregancy test?

Could my blood test be wrong [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am expected to get my period on the 31 of Augest... When I went to the doctor he offerd me a blood test for pregnancy... The first day of my last peroid was on the 3 of Augest. Is it just to soon for all of this... Do I have to wait or is the test right and I'm not pregnant? I took the...

Negative pregnant test and blood test. Could I still be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I had an ectopic pregnancy in October 2006, and have been trying to conceive since January 07, I am 1week late for my period and have had many signs of pregnancy, including spotting a week before my period was due, since then I have had 5 negative home pregnancy tests, and a hcg level of below 1.5...

View more questions Search