Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rummage Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2004, 12:54 PM
    AOL CD
    Hi--
    I got an AOL cd in the mail that's good for 3 months. Free--It's AOL 9.0-- If I install this--will it interfere with my Bellsouth/Yahoo account that I have now?--Will I be able to use the AOL and the other account?--Thanks
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Apr 11, 2004, 11:22 PM
    Re: AOL CD
    Hi--
    I got an AOL cd in the mail that's good for 3 months. Free--It's AOL 9.0-- If I install this--will it interfere with my Bellsouth/Yahoo account that I have now?--Will I be able to use the AOL and the other account?--Thanks
    If it is set up logically, it shouldn't interfere. You should be able to continue to use your old account while trying AOL.

However, I wouldn't put it past AOL to try and pull a few tricks behind the scenes... ;D

By the way, I suppose I should mention that in my opinion, and in many others', AOL is one of THE WORST ISPs you can end up with. I had AOL a few years back and got fed up really quickly.

~psi42
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Apr 12, 2004, 12:46 PM
    Re: AOL CD
    I also agree that AOL is one of the worst ISP's. It overwrites some of the windows networking files with its own versions and changes tons of settings that it shouldn't. I had to fix a computer one time that would just keep crashing every time AOL was started, then it would restart 4 to 5 times before staying on again. When they tried to upgrade to a newer version to solve this problem, the installer just kept running over and over again, and every time I tried to open AOL, it would just install again.

Bottom line, stay as far away from AOL as possible unless you want it to change all your settings, rewrite windows files, and possibly crash your computer.

On a side note, I did get the computer running AOL again by uninstalling all the network adapter drivers and removing the devices from device manager, then reinstalling them all, and then isntalling AOL again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search