Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    herwindion Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Submitting false information to child services.
    I currently have a sister who is dealing with the mother of her ex-husband (whom I will refer to as the grandmother). The grandmother is attempting to attain custody of my sisters children. In doing so, she has contact Child Services. She has also, apparently, told child services a lie concerning myself in an attempt to make her case stronger. The lie is a gross exaggeration of events that have involved me in the past. It is my understanding, that because of this, I will be brought much grief and I am being drug into something which I have no wish to be involved with. I am beyond anger and I wish to strike back at the grandmother in some way. Is it possible for me to press charges against her for her falsification of statements to Child Services or possibly Defamation? I think there may also be an issue with falsifying state documents. :mad:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2008, 01:00 PM
    It doesn't sound like you have any case to sue her but you do need to make it clear to CYS that the kids are your sisters and her responsibility so it is only for spite that the grandmother is pulling this stunt. Hopefully they will see the whole thing for what it is and withdraw her complaint as unfounded.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2008, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by herwindion
    I currently have a sister who is dealing with the mother of her ex-husband (whom i will refer to as the grandmother). The grandmother is attempting to attain custody of my sisters children. In doing so, she has contact Child Services. She has also, apparently, told child services a lie concerning myself in an attempt to make her case stronger. The lie is a gross exaggeration of events that have involved me in the past. It is my understanding, that because of this, I will be brought much grief and I am being drug into something which I have no wish to be involved with. I am beyond anger and I wish to strike back at the grandmother in some way. Is it possible for me to press charges against her for her falsification of statements to Child Services or possibly Defamation? I think there may also be an issue with falsifying state documents. :mad:

The problem is one of perception - depends on what she has said and what the facts are and what she believes the facts are. Is she making things up or adding 2 and 2 and getting 5? Is she repeating what someone has told her?

For example - she says you were in drug rehab and you weren't, then you have a case. She says you use drugs and whether you do or not, well, maybe that's what she believes or that's her perception.

These cases are almost impossible to win - no one else wants to get involved and so finding witnesses is next to impossible. I've gone door to door to door concerning "neglectful" mothers and suddenly no one remembers anything about anyone.

My other legal advice to you would be - striking back usually has a bad effect on you. It almost never works out the way you hope it will.

But if you can prove what she has said and signed - so there is no argument that she was misunderstood - and the info has harmed you (if she says, for example, that you beat your children with a baseball bat and they are obviously unharmed and the Court dismisses her allegations - you are not harmed in any way), then consult with an Attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CPS - Child Protective Services [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know if CPS will provide the resources for a parent to get help, such as rehab, if the parent is found to be on drugs?

False information to post office [ 3 Answers ]

My landlord reported to the mail carrier I no longer lived at my current address anymore Which was false. The post office stop delivery of my mail because of this. I put a report in with postal inspections along with the police dept. Prior to this incident I have put in several reports with...

Child protective services [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Michigan, me and my boyfriend have been dateing for and year and getting married in 2008! My boyfriend have a child with another woman, I believe that the child being neglect and the mother is on some kind of drugs but I'm still keeping my eyes open! Should I do something or call child...

False information [ 2 Answers ]

There is a condo I had bid on. The contract is final and the asking price was $161,000. I had it appraised since I am going with an fha mortgage and the appraisal came back at $144,000. My question is the seller has only lived there for 5 months and they purchased it for $144,000. Are they by...

Information about (DSL, ISDN.. etc ) services [ 4 Answers ]

Greetings, 1. I need a description in detail of the listed services below including there prices with different vendors if possible , also I need some internet sites that have detail information about them. Services: - DSL: (digital subscriber line) - ISDN: (internet services digital...

View more questions Search