Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tylerthetrain Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 12:58 AM
    What to when you realize you ruined something amazing?
    I was in a very meaningful relationship with my girl friend for 9 months and when things started they were amazing and we were such compatible people. Then my life got shaken up about two months in to things. I was snowboarding and I fractured my neck. When this happened I lost all the thins I loved to do and went into depression. The one thing I had I loved in my life was her and I put her as the focal point of my life. I had a neck brace on for three months and during this time things got so stressed out in every aspect of my life and I had nothing to do but be with her. Then I started getting angry when she was busy doing other things in her life because I couldn't do anything else I wanted in my life physically. Finally once the brace came off I thought things would go back to normal but they never did. The person I had turned into wasn't happy with anything and was not anything like the person she had met and liked. Even though I was not in a brace any more I still couldn't find the things I used to love in my life still and kept asking her to give up things and like any sane person she wasn't going to and this made us fight constantly. Things continued like this until we took a break but the break we took was only a week long which wasn't even close to as long as it needed to be but we were both so excited to try things again. After we got back together tempers boiled over and I lost my cool. I said the meanest things to her cause I was trying to convince myself I didn't want her any more and blamed her for everything in my life. Things ended and we mutually broke up. I am really happy that what was happening near the end of relationship was finally over because it was bringing us both down so far and we both had changed who we once used to be. The thing is I only realize this in hindsight and now I see that I had caused so many of the problems when I broke my neck. I know I couldn't control what happened and it was tramaitc enough to stress things too much for our relationship. Now I realize I still can be the person I want to be and I finally see the things I love in my life with out clouding my thoughts with a relationship. I feel like I can finally be the person I once used to be with some time. I also know that if things went back to how they were it could be a great relationship and we could start over and not have to deal with the load of such a tramatic event. Im just disappointed things worked out how they did because of an event neither of us could control. I want to find myself and start things with her again but I don't know if she will wait around and I'm afraid she will find someone else and inside I know I don't want to be with any one else right now. I would do anything to get what I had back but I don't know how to convince her I'm really going to change and at least take a chance at things again. I already told her I made a mistake and I want to change but I've told her I would change several times before but inside I didn't want to. However know I really want to change and I know I will. I would be willing to do anything to get back what was so wonderful and if I change to who I used to be I don't see why not. By the way we broke up 2 days ago for time references. I don't know if I should move on and just forget about getting back together or if I should keep that hope going because I feel its what I want inside but I just can't have at this point in and really want to try again because I feel it has all the things needed to be a great relationship. I also must admit the break up was exspecially on my part and I said a lot of things I didn't mean and I regret it with all my heart. I would love to hear what other people think they would do things in my cituations and what kind of limitations we should put on our relationship for the time being.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 05:06 AM
    Read the stickies on the top of this forum about getting over a break up, go no contact with her. That means delete her number, myspace, screen name and any other way of contacting her and start to heal and move on

Aug 5, 2008, 11:39 PM
    My sister who is the same age and goes to the same school talked to her and she said she needs space but can see us back together. Then later she contacted me and we talked a bit and I told her that I needed to tell her how I really felt about the break up and she told me that she would hear it and she could see us together later but not now. I feel the same way cause I need to get my things worked out before I can be with anyone let alone her. When I get things strait I'm just going to trust that if whatever is meant to happen will and things happened for the best no matter what result.
    Tralyn Posts: 230, Reputation: 17

Aug 5, 2008, 11:51 PM
    If you haven't had your heart to heart talk yet.. show her your posting. Then you don't have to stumble over your words, there they are.

Sometimes when traumatic things happen we lash out at those we care for the most - it is incredibly hurtful to those around us. It happens often, but isn't OK - I think you do realize that. I am so sorry to hear about your injury.

Out of curiousity - how old are you? 9 months is a very short period in a life span... I think you have the right idea, let time go as it will right now and let things fall into their own places. Keeping that in mind prepare yourself to accept that you may not fall back into the same places you once were! Best of luck

Aug 7, 2008, 08:31 AM
    We talked and I told her that those mean things I said were lies and I told her that everything was amazing and was the best relationship I've had. We both agreed we would start talking again when were ready. We both said that we could see this working out again but neither of us want to say anything until we figure our out. Im 18, I'm just going to do whatever I want for now and I figure if I'm happy with life I can be happy without her anyway.
    Tralyn Posts: 230, Reputation: 17

Aug 7, 2008, 09:20 AM
    You're right! Be happy no matter what. G'luck
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 03:12 PM
    I would let the emotional dust settle, and see how everyone feels, before taking any actions at this time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to make my ex-boyfriend realize that he had made a mistake for BREAKING UP [ 16 Answers ]

My ex-boyfriend and I have been together for the past three years. We are the same age(23). Although we went through a lot of ups and downs in our relationship (because he was very lazy person), we had always pull ourselves through the hard times and look past our differences. During the three...

I tried 2 get her 2 realize how much I like her [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure out how 2 explain my problem so here's the conversation someone please explain to me how I can fix this problem: (she wasn't answering my phone calls and its been about a week since she did so I said this because I seriously thought she didn't like me but I realized it was...

How to realize him that I love him [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a relationship from past 2 years. We have decided that we will have a no emotion relationship. Mean there will be no place for emotion and love in our relation. Now he want over this relation. He will be no more in in my life. I started love him before sometime. But I am unable to say...

How Can I Get My Teen Realize What Having A Baby Really Means [ 9 Answers ]

My 16 yr old daughter just found out that is she pregnant to guy she only knew two months. He told her that they were not planning this and they are not ready for it. I don't believe that my daughter actually knows what it is going to be like. She thinks this is the greatest thing. I think my...

View more questions Search