Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boram Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 06:22 PM
    Lump sum mortgage pay off
    If there are no penalties for paying off my mortgage in one lump sum payment, will I have to pay more or less of what I currently owe?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2008, 06:35 PM
    Hello boram:

You won't owe more or less. You'll owe exactly what your balance is the day you pay it off. If you have a book, it should tell you what your balance is. You can also do an amortization yourself to find out what the balance is, or you can call your bank.

excon
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Nope. He'll owe a little bit more.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mortga...ml#post1193858

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mortgage broker vs. Mortgage Lender [ 3 Answers ]

What are the pro's and con's of using either a mortgage broker or going directly to the mortgage lender?

Lump sum mortgage pay off [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to pay off my home mortgage in one lump sum payment, so will I have to Pay more than I currently owe or less?

Lump sum from 401K to pay off mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

My wife may be losing her job and the prospects for another are rather bleak in this economy. She currently has about $150,000 in a 401k. We currently owe $52,000 on a $350,000 home with 4.5 more years at $1,125 per month. Does it make any sense to take a lump sum payout as a hardship and pay off...

36 hours before I close mortgage company refuses to give mortgage? [ 5 Answers ]

I secured a deal for a home with the owner and got a signed contract a month ago. For sale by owner deal. Secured financing at 95%, with 5 % down. Did financing through a broker, and got a locked in deal with countrywide over 3 weeks ago. All is well, appraised for 100K over what I have...

Gum lump [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm khime I have notice a lump in my gum but its not hurting me,till now now its four months... but still not hurt(sorry for my wrong english)but I'm worried because. It already you know like you can see the lump hit my face... what do you think is this... is there any first aid to...

View more questions Search