Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizrob12 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 02:28 PM
    How much should I feed my dog?
    How much should I be feeding my 6 month old chocolate lab? He is 40 lbs right now and the breeder said he was part of the biggest litter she has ever had. He just looks a little thin to me.
    McDina Posts: 26, Reputation: 4

Aug 4, 2008, 08:51 AM
    At 6 month of age she should be eatting by now at least twice a day and make it 5 to 6 cup/ meal
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Aug 4, 2008, 09:04 AM
    Your vet should be able to tell you that, most food packages have instructions as well.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 12:09 PM
    This is hard to give a definite answer to, since foods have different calorie contents and dogs have different activity levels. I have a 65 pound greyhound that gets about 3 cups of food a day. A lab would probably be too skinny on that amount.

My advice: increase the amount you feed by a quarter, give it a week and see if you think she's getting to the right weight. If not, increase by a quarter again, wait a week, repeat until you get to the right amount. If she starts putting on too much weight, back the amount off a little.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Aug 4, 2008, 12:32 PM
    froggy7 makes a very good point that all food brands recommend differently based on what their recipe contains. What type of food are you serving?
    joanne 1986 Posts: 165, Reputation: 7

Aug 7, 2008, 06:14 AM
    I would just ask the vet for advice or check the recommended allowance on the food packet.I have an american bulldog pup an she has to have 100g 3xs a day as advised by the vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What to feed a 5mo old. [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so I've had it! My MOM thinks she is a super mom and is getting after me and saying I am starving my baby cause I don't feed him enough! Lol, she is a bit over imaginative.. Anyhow, so me being a new mom I really don't know.. is what I'm feeding him OK? The doc seems to think so and he is...

What to feed my dog [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am the mom of a 10 week old puppy and I am confused on what to feed him. I started with dry dog food and then learned about all the junk that goes in it and started cooking homemade meals for my puppy. I am afraid I will not give him enough of what he needs. Someone please help me figure...

How much and how often do I feed my new pup. [ 3 Answers ]

I have just got a new pup. She is an American bulldog. Cute as. Long time since I had a pup. How much do I feed her and how often. She is 8 weeks old. Weighs 5 kg and.

Feed Me! [ 7 Answers ]

I am going on vacation and wanted to know exactly how long leopard geckos can go without food (of course I'm not going to leave him alone for 2 weeks, I just want to know.)

How much to feed a new pup [ 4 Answers ]

We have a 8wk old lab who is adjusting well but we are concerned on how much to feed him. From what I have read Labs are synonymes w/ overeating but we want to make sure he has enough. What is the best way to judge he's eating enough but not too much?

View more questions Search