Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bettyboop13 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 05:08 PM
    Perpetual inventory system false statement
    Which of the following statements is false regarding a perpetual inventory system:

a) physical counts are never needed since records are maintained on a transaction by transaction basis
    b) the balance in the inventory account is updated with each inventory purchase and sale transaction
    c) cost of goods sold is increased as sales are recorded
    d) the account purchases is not used as inventory is acquired
    949 Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Statement A is incorrect. There is always a need to do a physical count for inventory, regardless of the method being used.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2008, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bettyboop13
    Which of the following statements is false regarding a perpetual inventory system:

a) physical counts are never needed since records are maintained on a transaction by transaction basis
    b) the balance in the inventory account is updated with each inventory purchase and sale transaction
    c) cost of goods sold is increased as sales are recorded
    d) the account purchases is not used as inventory is acquired

There is a sticky note that the board does not do homework. I would guess this is homework -
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2008, 01:43 PM
    [QUOTE=bettyboop13 disagrees: I have seen others that post similar questions that get answered and by the way this is not for homework it was a general study question[/QUOTE]

Your reddie says that this is not homework, it's study work - but I fail to see the difference between the two.

Here's the "sticky" quote:

"Do NOT ask Homework Help questions here.

We have a separate area for Homework Help under Education.

Posted by site administrator.
    949 Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Aug 4, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Your welcome, betty boop. Don't forget to give me a rating.
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2008, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 949
    your welcome, betty boop. dont forget to give me a rating.

She already did - when you first posted the answer. Check your profile.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Income statement formats-perpetual inventory system [ 2 Answers ]

I cannot for the life of figure out why my income statement and balance sheet and statement of owners equity on the worksheet aren't balancing, Ive reviewed and reviewed and I cannot find the problem, I am 97% sure that all the adjusted balances have been placed correctly and credited and debited...

Perpetual inventory system [ 2 Answers ]

I was given a problem that require me to make an income statement for a business. The question states that the company uses the perpetual inventory system. And it wants me to show details of net sales and operating expenses. What is perpetual inventory system and how will a statement using it be...

Perpetual Inventory System [ 1 Answers ]

Hello- Please help with this scenario below International Galleries, Ltd. which maintains a perpetual inventory system on its works of art, has just sold for $5,000 cash a painting which it originally purchased on account for $3,000. In the journal below, record the sale...

Perpetual Inventory System [ 4 Answers ]

Nagle company purchased $2,500 worth of merchandise, terms n/30, from the Crafton Co on June 4. The cost of the merchandise to Crafton was $1800. On June 10, Nagle returned $350 worth of goods to Crafton for full credit. The goods had a cost of $225 to Crafton. On June 12, the account was paid...

View more questions Search