Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mafecita23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Office cleaning Estimates
    I have opened a cleaning business but I am not sure how much should I charge to clean an office once a week. The office is 2600 sq. feet and they want me to provide the basic cleaning.

Thanks

Maria
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2008, 12:09 AM
    Where is the location where you will be wanting to provide this kind of service, please? It would be helpful for us to know that so that we can help you the best here!

Depending on the going rates for this kind of service, also dependent on where it is being done, my suggestion would be to set a monetary figure as to what you want to make per hour and base an estimate on how many hours it's going to take you to do the job. If you or they are going to be providing the tools and supplies, then that would also figure into the estimate. But, the bottom line for me would be what I would want to come up with an estimate as to what I wanted to make per hour without having to provide the tools and supplies. If you provide the tools to do the job, then you would charge just a little more. If you provide the supplies, such as cleaning liquids, paper of any kind, then I would charge a lot more.

Other things that you have to consider are what you are paying for at least liability insurance for just the business and insurance for your business vehicle as well as the usual maintenance on it. If this job might require you to travel a considerable distance in order to get to it, then I would also suggest adding some for mileage for what you charge the customer.

But, please let us know where this will be taking place, as someone who knows the specific going rates in the area just might come along and help in answering your question.

Thanks!
    mafecita23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2008, 09:13 AM
    The location is Ontario Canada
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Ok, I will be somewhat rude, do you have experience in the cleaning field? How many similar locations have you cleaned as a employee working for another company. Use that as a idea of how long it will take. Us your time as a factor, the supplies you will have to use. Figure what the tax base is on your income and the costs of overhead, insurance and the such.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In home estimates for Cleaning Business [ 3 Answers ]

I have started a cleaning business and I am not sure how to go about doing in home estimates. Could someone possible give me advice on how to do in home estimates. Thanks

Cleaning bid for dental office [ 2 Answers ]

I have been doing residential cleaning and charge by the hour. I now have the opportunity to bid on a cleaning job for a dental office. I have no idea how to charge! Help please

Office Cleaning Bids [ 1 Answers ]

Im starting a commercial cleaning services and I need help with setting prices for the buildings.

Residential Cleaning Estimates [ 2 Answers ]

How do I, without calling around to get estimates, figure out how much I charge customers to clean their home? Shelley

Office cleaning business [ 1 Answers ]

1. How do I get started? 2. how do I get clients? 3. how do I determine pricing for job? 4. how to bid? 5. what business forms do I need? 6. how do I apply for small minority business grant?

View more questions Search