Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afarnell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 06:25 PM
    My family member and their 2 kids are living with me. They have paid 1/2 the water bill for two consecutive months, but nothing else. Do I have to go through the eviction process to get them out?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 1, 2008, 06:54 PM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Yes, They have established residency so, if they refuse to move, you have to evict.
    lorina_m_allmon Posts: 4, Reputation: -1

Aug 1, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by afarnell
    My family member and their 2 kids are living with me. They have paid 1/2 the water bill for two consecutive months, but nothing else. Do I have to go through the eviction process to get them out?
    Yes you do have to go through the eviction process to get them out. Start with the 3 day notice
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 2, 2008, 05:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lorina_m_allmon
    Yes you do have to go through the eviction process to get them out. Start with the 3 day notice
    The initial notice to vacate may not be 3 days in the OP's area. Also, that notice is essentially for a leaseholder who is behind in their rental payments.

In the OP's case, a 30 day termination ot tenancy is more likely to be required and if they don't vacate at that point, the next step is going to court for an eviction order. But they need to check the eviction process for their locality.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I evict my family members? [ 10 Answers ]

I need help to find out how to evict my family members? My daughter, son and husband, who I have been separated from for three years will not move out of my house. I have been making the mortgage payments for over three years now and it has broke me financially. About a month ago I had a 30 day...

Jealous of family members [ 25 Answers ]

I think I am jealous of people in my family they are married and I have nothing. I just get bored with my life I want something more .

Evicting Family Members [ 1 Answers ]

Xx

Eviction of family members [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my mother has an apartment with only her name on the lease , problem my sister and niece who are both grown have move in with her ,can I have them remove/evicted without my mothers consent or do I need to talk with the landlord or do I need my mothers consent to do this. Please help me with this...

View more questions Search